Thursday, July 11, 2013

From Holbrook, AZ to Las Vegas

Today started with a trip to Carl’s Jr. for us to split a biscuit and grave and also a jelly biscuit. Our motor home is a Diesel pusher, meaning the engine is in the rear. Keeps the noise down up front. In the case of a pusher the Radiator is backwards, instead of pulling air thru, as in a car, it pushed air through and in doing so pushes gunk and stuff against it and some remains blocking the pores of the radiator, allowing the water to heat up too much. Our plans were to take it to a car wash and flush it out.

In looking for a car wash last evening we ran into a show. It was Hopi Indians displaying tribal dancers. I did not bring my camera, we watched from the car for a few minutes then moved on, continuing our quest. As I did I was reminded, I had not mentioned to you that just before Holbrook we passed the Petrified Forest. We have been there so we drove on by. At the RV lot here are some petrified trees:

FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 001FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 002FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 003

These whole logs are some of the best petrified stuff I have seen.

FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 004FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 005FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 006

We did spend an hour of so cleaning the radiator and the outside of the motor home and the FIT.

Driving out of Holbrook we passed  the WigWam Motel. Classic cars parked in front of each. I can’t remember when Ken and his wife traveled  Route 66  Last year, it seems they stayed in a Wig Wam. These are on route 66 here in Holbrook.

FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 009FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 011FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 012

We are tired tonight, and the blog did not get out of Holbrook, but tomorrow is another day.

Thanks from coming this way.

NIte Shipslog

PS: I found my limo…..

**********************************************************

Leaving Holbrook we passed the ‘Bug Shop’, I caught these neat bugs.

FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 015

The ultimate stretch, and below a low down camper. LOL

FromHOLBROOK TO LAS VEGAS 014

7 comments:

Paula said...

You two sure see some neat things along the way. You've made a lot of miles since you were here. Like that bug.

TARYTERRE said...

That petrified wood is really neat. I remember hearing about the WigWam.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Busy day there for the two of you. I think that the heat out there would tend to make me tired. I don't do well in it and have spent far too many days in the house. I think our rain is finally going to end now for awhile. We had some big storms yesterday and I hoping things will finally dry out a bit. Safe travels!

Lucy said...

We saw the petrified forest many years back. You and Sheri make me tired just listening to your busy days. I hope you soak this up. Your brain has to be on overload with all the things you have been fortunate to see. Take care.

Chatty Crone said...

I Love your limo - looks like what mine would look like! Hey what petrifies the trees like that - I always found that so cool. sandie

Rose said...

I remember seeing the WigWam Hotel on an old Oprah show years ago. Quite unique.

I love how I can travel with you thru your blogs!

I always wait to see what type of car you insert at the end!

Hugs to my favorite couple!

shirl72 said...

The computer finally let me blog.
Glad you are having fun and
enjoying your trip. Like seeing
the Wig-wams. Interesting signts.