Many times I make notes for what I hope would be an interesting entry here on the Shipslog. Most are just ideas and not enough for an entry (YET) I have notes on scraps, on good paper and on the backs of receipts:
1. How can they build, supply and manage so many of these chain stores, i.e. Walmart, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Red Lobster, etc?
2. Have you ever thought of how many trucks of ‘stuff’ each Walmart must empty and replace the sold goods every day?
3. How do they know how many bananas to order and them not go bad?
4.Did you know that once the CIA ‘thought’ they could train a cat to spy? Yep, they implanted a listening device in the cat and tried to get him to ‘mosey’ around inside the Russian Embassy. Cat would not follow orders, DOES THAT SURPRISE ANYONE OTHER THAN a government agency?
5. Politicians, if we only paid minimum wage we wouldn’t have so much trouble out of them wanting to be career politicians.
6. Regulations, until I started building I didn’t know so many folks wanted to REGULATE MY life for me. In our home town we regulate:
a. Fences (no chain link fence can be seen from the street.) No fence over 36” that can be seen from the street. (+ many more)
b. Storage buildings only 2 per home and they must be out of sight (huh?)
c. Dog houses: none past the center of your home toward the street.
e. Signs.. Only 2 per business and not over 13’ high. I was at a city council meeting when a man was fighting a ticket for having 2 gas prices showing, plus an ‘oil change special’ at his service station.
7. Did you ever notice that there were very few homes with blue roofs? In the past 15 years some are showing up.
8. Sales… Do I believe that a tire company will sell me 3 tires and actually give me give me one free? (that is without making enough off the 3 to pay for the 4th tire?)
9. Until I was 14 years old I had never seen a car built anywhere other than the USA. A few days ago I sat at a traffic light and counted 20 cars go by and only two were American made. That sorta hurts me. (I was sitting in a foreign car)
10. The only foreign cars I had seen on our roads were a VW Bug and one English Ford until I was 20 yrs old.
Okay I listed some of my notes and did not get to MEAN dogs, churches, rich preachers with more promises of riches if you give them more money,etc, Or Friends and Holidays. maybe next time when I clear my notes.
PS: (another blonde male joke)
An Italian tourist asks a blonde man: "Why do scuba divers always fall backwards off their boats?"
To which the blonde man replies: "If they fell forward, they'd still be in the boat."
Speaking of the BUG. and below is a big question mark.??