Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Famous LAST Words


(Cars seen here are prototypes they were never in production, just dreams)
Copied from the net:
From A successful Businessman, famous last words:

Apart from work, I have had little joy.  Finally, my wealth is simply a fact to which I am accustomed.  At this time, lying on the hospital bed and remembering all my life, I realize that all the accolades and riches of which I was once so proud, have become insignificant with my imminent death.  In the dark, when I look at green lights, of the equipment for artificial respiration and feel the buzz of their mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of my approaching death looming over me. 


Only now do I understand that once you accumulate enough money for the rest of your life, you have to pursue objectives that are not related to wealth.  It should be something more important:  For example, stories of love, art, dreams of my childhood.  No, stop pursuing wealth, it can only make a person into a twisted being, just like me. 



Love can travel thousands of miles and so life has no limits.  Move to where you want to go.  Strive to reach the goals you want to achieve. Everything is in your heart and in your hands. 


What is the world's most expensive bed?  The hospital bed.  You, if you have money,  can hire someone to drive your car, but you cannot hire someone to take your illness that is killing you. Life would not be fair if you could.  Whatever stage of life where we are right now, at the end we will have to face the day when the curtain falls. 




Please treasure your family love, love for your spouse, love for your friends...  Treat everyone well and stay friendly with your neighbors.
End Quote.....

The more age I am blessed with, I learn the above is part of my life. When I hear of the death of a celebrity I say as I did at the death of Elvis, 'He would give his millions for  the time I am blessed with.'  But it doesn't work that way. When it is over, IT IS OVER. I want to make the best of it.  I hope you do!

Sorry, just one of those days!
Nite Shipslog

PS: No I don't feel like I am losing it, just sad thinking of folks I have known who  were going to 'enjoy life', tomorrow.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

Above the Packard Predictor
Below was actually to be a Ford

The cars featured were ONLY an engineer's dream.

8 comments:

Jimmy's Journal said...

Great post, Jack!

Jimmy

Lisa said...

Your right on. Great post! Deep, but great!
Lisa

betty said...

Those were wise words you shared with us today, Jack, both from the businessman and yourself. Life is too short, no matter how long we live, so it must be enjoyed to the fullest, including especially love of family and friends :)

betty

jack69 said...

These words are widely attributed to Steve Jobs. But in my research I could not verify it. BUT as one who chased the $$ for years and when my goal was in sight,A new subdivision, Sherry and I discussed our lives, considered the stress, sold a bunch of 'stuff', rented the house out and 'hit the road', one of our BEST decisions.

I read this and realized it could be anyone, not just the rich and famous, but the average man and woman. We all deserve happiness. Find yours.!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

words of wisdom to live by.

Mevely317 said...

I NEEDED to see this at this particular time in my life. Thank you!

Paula said...

Good post Jack, you always give good advice.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I learned that lesson well. Life is short. You have to appreciate those you love and let them know every day. We never know just how long we will have them with us. All the money in the world cannot buy good health. If we have it, we just have to be thankful.