Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Saving Free Range Chickens (Plagiarized)




I received this from Jim Page, a childhood friend. He knows I am a protector of poultry and other people wild life.




Farmer Jack once lived on a quiet rural highway but as time
Went by, the traffic slowly built up and eventually got so heavy
And so fast that his free range chickens were being run over,
At a rate of three to six a week.



So Farmer Jack called the local police station to complain,
"You've got to do something about all these people driving so
Fast and killing all my chickens," he said to the local police officer.



"What do you want me to do?" asked the policeman.



"I don't care, just do something about those crazy drivers!"




So the next day the policeman had the Council erect
A sign that said:
SCHOOL CROSSING



Three days later Farmer Jack called the policeman and said,
"You've still got to do something about these drivers.
The school crossing' sign seems to make them go even faster!"



So again, they put up a new sign: SLOW: CHILDREN AT PLAY.




That really sped them up. So Farmer Jack called and said,
"Your signs are no good. Can I put up my own sign?"



In order to get Farmer Jack off his back said
"Sure. Put up your own sign."


The phone calls to the Police Station stopped, but curiosity
Got the better of the Officer, so he called Farmer Jack,

"How is the problem with the speeding drivers,
Did you put up your sign?"



"Oh, I sure did and not one chicken has been killed."



The policeman was really curious and thought he'd better go
Out and take a look at the sign. He also thought the sign might
Be something the Police could use elsewhere,
To slow drivers down.



So he drove out to Farmer Jack's house.  His jaw dropped the moment he saw the sign.

V



V

         

V



V



v



'NUDIST COLONY'   'Slow down chicks crossing!'



**********   **********   ***********



(I figured I would put something serious on for a change)



Okay, gotta go ‘Johnny’ calls again.



Nite Shipslog
Remember for safety, always have an Air Bag!

9 comments:

Mevely317 said...

LOL! Follow your bliss, m'friend!

Paula said...

Aww that was a good one.

Jean said...

A good one!

betty said...

LOL :) Whatever works :)

betty

Glenda said...

That one is truly funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

That will have me chuckling all day.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank YOU so much for the ***BIG SMILE*** this morning. I really needed to remember to SMILE. Life has gotten way too serious here at my house.

Dar said...

LOL, now, that's the kind of sign my Daddy would have put up for Mama's free range chickens...too funny. You always greet the day with your happiness.
love it and you two from up north where it's still bone-chilling

Lisa said...

This was cute. Thanks for the laugh today.
The Chics get em everytime.

Its a beautiful day in Gtown
Lisa