Saturday, September 23, 2017

New title, Our RV Life



I have a problem kicking myself. I do not think I am alone in that area. I smile sometimes thinking nobody needs to get on to me when I make a mistake, I probably call myself more names and ‘stupid’ is one of the nicer ones. LOL

As a wanna be writer I get more opportunities to do that. With a narrow vocabulary I use the same word too many times. Folk is one of them.  Also I like to use commas. I use semicolons because I think they look more intelligent or something.

When I read many times I am glad the writer keeps it on about an 8th grade level and that still challenges me.

Yeah, I am going over my latest book.  It is a small one. About 140 pages 24000 words. I have started using 16pt print, considered ‘Large Print’. Many of my readers are over 50 so they appreciate the large print also. LOL

I hope to publish within two weeks.  The title is “Our RV Life” by Jack and Sherry.  I have used pointers from some fellow RV’ers and of course drawn from our 20 years of experience.  It is more hints for folks who have never spent time in an RV than our actual life. But I do mention some of the places we have visited and think they might want to.

Anyway, my girl took her Harris Nieces out to lunch today and left me alone to try to finalize the book. She and I read it one last time as we waited for our Honda ‘recall fix’ to be done. It is a quick read.
Anyway…………………

Nite Shipslog
This is our 2000 Monaco Diplomat diesel pusher, probably our last RV. This is our home.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Wow you're shooting those books out like clock work. I don't know how you do it so fast. You get better and better.

betty said...

We asked our pastor one time what translation of the Bible he preaches from. I can't remember it now, but he said they picked that translation because it is meant for middle school readers, which he found was the case for many people at the church. NIV, the translation I use, was written more for high school students. I found that interesting. I think you are writing for the right audience and also the 16 point print will be immensely helpful for "older" eyes. Sounds like a great title too!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think it is always best to keep things as simple as possible. I hope your book will help others to enjoy their RV's A recreation vehicle is meant to be fun and not work. I never traveled like you have done but did have a camper that was permanently parked in an RV park and I saw a lot of beauties come in for a night or a week and then they would move on.. Some of those homes would easily to compare to what I live in now which is a single unit modular home with a pop out , an enclosed patio and a carport. Glad you have reached the finish. I'm sure it was an endeavor of the heart.

Lisa said...

I too love an easy read. I cant wait to get my hands on this one. We are ready for a new camper (travel trailer). We are not ready for an RV yet. We are more of the stay put and explore kind of folks. I admire how you and Sherry get around and all the things you accomplish, including writing books! Does RV living come with 34 hour days intead of 24?

Amazed
Lisa

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh you must be organized to live like you do and still find all your old pictures for just the right time.
You are smart too to be able to remember so much.
I don't have those talents.
Also you have been RV'ing all you life!
sandie

Mevely317 said...

Congrats, Jack! I'm thinking this would be a perfect gift for anyone facing retirement. Suppose you could partner with RV dealerships to sell your book ... or, they could even provide folks a free copy of your book with every test drive? :)

Love the signage on the front of your ride!

TARYTERRE said...

i appreciate the larger fonts. that's a good idea using it.