Saturday, October 21, 2017

The Pressure test

Historical Photo:
      Ty Cob 1911 Detroit Tigers

Okay before I start the report on pressure cooking, I must tell you we were stopped again for holding hands.(Are we the only old folk who hold hands?) We were in Lowes and two ladies said, “You don’t see that too often, holding hands.”
To which my girl responded, “I hold onto him for support.”
To which I added, “One day she is going to tell someone she holds my hand because she loves me.”  We all got a laugh….

Now the report on the steak.  I didn’t have any broth to put in the pot so I put some beef bouillon in ½ cup of water. Of course I sprinkled the three pieces of steak, 2 top sirloin, one New York strip. I seldom use the little grate to keep the meat out of the liquid, but I did today. I sorta wish I had let it lay in the liquid.
  I took Lisa’s advice and used olive oil and seas salt on the baked potatoes. I let the pressure rise until my pressure cap started rocking and let it rock for 10 minutes then turned off the fire and let the pressure drop on its own.  It smelled delicious. I headed the left over mixed viggies. This was the meal.



Sherry’s first comment was, “It is much better than before.”
It was good and much tenderer. It was delicious.
I am thinking next time I might just pressure the raw steak, Then grill it and keep  it brushed with the boiled juice. Just a thought.  Of course if I knew where to get the melt in your mouth great meat, I would just grill it. And enjoy.  LOL  Anyway, I was happy with the test.

Now the grill is in its place we have decided we prefer hamburgers grilled.

We might try to do that once a week. Haha

Now for Dr. Darnell’s researched information on this wonderfully made body of ours:
The human lungs contain approximately 2,400 kilometers (1,500 mi) of airways and 300 to 500 million hollow cavities, having a total surface area of about 70 square meters, roughly  the same area as one side of a tennis court. Furthermore, if all of the capillaries that surround the lung cavities were unwound and laid end to end, they would extend for about 992 kilometers(616 Miles). Also, your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.

(Now that is above my paygrade to understand that many miles of stuff in my chest!  LOL)


Nite Shipslog
Oh yes, the Nash Healey, I remember only seeing one of these, I liked it.

8 comments:

betty said...

Your testing sure did seem to be delicious!! I definitely call it a success! We grill a lot of hamburgers at a time (might as well, right, got the grill ready to go?) and then freeze them 2 in a bag for future use. After they are heated up, to us they taste just like they were grilled the same day.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

great experiment. glad it worked out for the better.

shirl72 said...

Meat sounds delicious. Makes me want go to store buy some meat and try..

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad the steak turned out to Sherry's approval! Tender cuts of meat are expensive so this is a great way to get the tenderness without the cost. Your backyard is looking great ! see the edge of the awning from your motorhome too. Do you plan to keep living in it or moving into your new house for the winter? Nice thing is that you have a choice and plenty of room for company when they come! Hope you all enjoy a relaxing Sunday!

Chatty Crone said...

So you pressure cooked already grilled steaks? So that could be a finishing touch for steaks? I am always a little confused.

Mevely317 said...

I'm so intrigued, Jack! In fact, I stuck this in front of Tom's nose this morning .... "Here. Read."

I recall my mother used one hers every once in a while. 'Scared the daylights out of me when the top began popping and whistling. I was afraid it was going to explode! I'm sure they've come a long way since then.

Dar said...

Your pressure test worked out fine, with Sherry's stamp of approval. Those pressure cookers still scare me but I applaud you and your success. Sure looks great. We grill out all summer, for steak, 7 min. on one side, flip it over another 3-4 min. for a perfect med-rare. We do the same for pork steaks.
The X had an Austin-Healy in 68...sold it after hitting a skunk. lol
love n' hugs from up north where Andy's family visited today. Sooo Nice to see the 4 grandkids too, growing so tall and strong.

salemslot9 said...

I like your hamburger stand, Jack!