Saturday, January 6, 2018

Still cool in Florida.....



Historical Photo:
        1899 Concord Michigan. Buggy and Harness shop.


cool!!
The cool weather, here in Orlando is keeping us inside. I am continuing on my goal to write each member of our family a letter, my one goal for the New Year.
Actually I am making some headway.
On another note I did get the proof back of our family book. I am doing a lot of soul searching on the title of the book. I can still change it I think.  The sucker is too long. It is the thickest book I have published.  The print quality of the many pictures isn’t too good, but this book will be of interest to our immediate family mostly.
It is old news to blog readers because 90% of the information has been put on the Shipslog.  The book covers our childhoods until we met then our short romance until I tricked her into marrying a bad bet for a husband. Then follows us through all our crazy life style changes.
I also give what family histories I could locate of our genealogy. Most folk do not get interested in this type of thing until they are old. I am no different, that is when I became interested.
Stay warm where ever you are. It is still in the low 30’s at night here in central Florida.
Nite Shipslog
PS: Friend Buddy sent me some good advice and a little     sarcasm……                                                                                                  
It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.                      
******     ***

                Changing a light-bulb in 1910

8 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

stay warm. it's negative 3 degrees here.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We here are looking forward to a 30 degree day. That would be like a heat wave to us. No doubt this new book of yours would be a long one. It covers a lot of territory for sure. What a nice thing to do for your family and I'm sure it would make for some good reading for most of us. I'm thinking Spring here !

Chatty Crone said...

All I can say is that you are amazing - being able to remember it AND writing it.

salemslot9 said...

I like the Concord, MI photo
I don't remember being there
but we've been close

changin lite = crazy!

Dar said...

Can you believe it? It's a beautiful sunny 20 ABOVE ZERO here. It's our first break from ' frigid ' in a month. Gotta loveit!!! Your book will be greatly appreciated by your loving family, I'm sure and many others. It's awesome how you've stated true to your writing. I could never keep at it.
And I very much doubt and know you never tricked Sherry into loving and marrying you...crazy boy.
love n' hugs from up north......lovin' the sunshine

Dar said...

' oops ' I meant STAYED TRUE to your writing...........see, I could never do it

Mevely317 said...

I recall the occasional rolling brown-out while in Tampa, but what Florida and the eastern US has experienced is absurd!! Still holding in the mid-70's out here.

Such a wonderful gift (this book) you're creating for the family. Can't wait to read its title!

PS - Gonna steal your last image for my FB page. There's a certain co-worker in charge of cleaning/replacing bulbs on the poles at The Legacy.

Glenda said...

Petty sure your family will treasure "their" book, I want one! And, if my memory serves me, when you two had only your firstborn, my recall is that while you may have been initiating....Sherry was certainly participating! And the beat goes on.....most kissingest couple I ever met in my 60 + years!!!