Monday, December 3, 2018

Yes, I am a Christian


Automobiles of Art


 From a car collection in Gastonia, NC I am not sure of the year of this FORD(?) late 40-early 50?

Today:

Morally, in all honesty, I cannot find fault with what I know about the Hindu’s or Shinto’s religious beliefs. Or about many African beliefs of worshiping unknown spirits. Actually no non-violent religious beliefs bothers me.

I am a Christian. And for the life of me I cannot see why the Christian  beliefs would upset anyone. Worldwide our beliefs should not be a THREAT to anyone. I don’t think anyone who does not believe like me should be killed or put in jail.
I do not believe in stealing, lying, murder or being unfaithful to your spouse. I don’t think you should envy what the other guy has. Why would anyone not agree with that? I do think you should accept Jesus.  But if you don’t that is your decision, not mine. I will definitely not be upset at you, especially not enough to wish you dead.
I read a sad report from the Bishop of Canterbury.  He is of the firm belief that soon there will be no Christians in the Middle East. His decision is from the daily threat of murder of Christians in those countries.
My first cousin Ken lived many years in Saudi Arabia, working in the textile industry there. He is a Christian but was not allowed to have a Bible. He did of course, have a digital Bible.  Under threat of death he could NEVER state publically he was a Christian.
I receive many e-mails concerning the Muslim faith, unnamed or fictitious sources. But this article in the UK press was the Bishop of Canterbury. He was asking his country the UK to give the Christian the priority in asking for asylum. Presently the ratio has been 4 Christians to 4000 Muslims. I personally think he is a little late.


But I also think our country should be giving the Christian believer priority because the fear for their lives is real, and no secret.  I think our president has suggested just that to immigration. That will surely go against the ACLU or some rights group.
But that is my feelings on the subject, not that it will make any difference.

We people in truly free countries are blessed. Life is good.
Nite Shipslog

6 comments:

betty said...

Jesus said it so plainly in the Bible. He was persecuted and his followers would be persecuted. I think people deep down "realize" truly who Jesus is and they don't want to give their hearts to him so they rather persecute those who want to be their trust in him. That's my opinion about it :)

betty

Lisa said...

Great post Jack. Its speaks truth and volume. We all need to be thankful for the freedom we have here, for now.
I’ve always said, “they can take God out of the countries and schools but they cant take him out of our hearts”.

Off to work. Yuk!
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is a blessing to enjoy being able to worship as we please. So sad that anyone is persecuted for their beliefs. We live in such a wonderful country it is hard to believe how the rest of world lives. Being unjustly persecuted and living in fear is a reality for many. Something to pray about for sure. We often don't appreciate the things that truly matter until we don't have them. This is one privilege I never want to lose. My hope is that one day we'll all have the freedom to choose.

Mevely317 said...

Thank you for sharing this commentary, Jack. I totally agree!
Yes, the Bishop's belief is heartbreaking. That some Christians should fear for their very lives, not that different than the Jews did from the Nazis. What's WRONG with people?!?!

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you Jack - I agree with every word you say here. I wish it could be printed in the news paper. The European countries that were once so wonderful to visit - are almost impossible to go see anymore. Even in our country I wish for peace. Maybe Jesus's return is getting nearer - I am proud of you!

Dar said...

As Psalms 125:2 reads, 'Just as the mountains surround and protect Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds and protects His people, both now and forever. ' Even during persecution, God's promise of eternal life is an honor to look forward to. I too, am a Christian and very proud to proclaim it. Well written, Jack.
Love n' hugs from up north where the wind blows cold but thank God for humidity so we can breathe a bit easier. Peace!