Thursday, May 2, 2019

Outlets,. electrical and cablevision plus the TV antennea



Older Japanese Autos
1971 Nissan skyline



Today:
When I built this house years ago, I thought it would be cool to wire it for cable. That was the ‘thing’ then. The question was where to put the outlets. In comes the wife. Now this is using house plans and an actual framed house. Of course as the lady of the house she will position furniture, so she suggested outlet locations where she would ‘place’ a TV.she said,. 'A love seat here, with a TV here.That worked for a few years. I enjoyed many kisses in that love seat.

Altogether I wired in about 10 locations, second guessing where we may rearrange to.  Have you noticed that there is never an outlet where you really want it? Either electrical or TV/Cable? TRUTH.  NO-Builder can predict where different families will place furniture.

I am smiling now, because this house has been rented, leased and lived in by several families. I have tons of cable added over the years. No company removes or uses existing cables, they just add. This house has been wired for at least 6 different providers. Along with all the extra cables there is a complete security system lying dormant, motion detectors in every room.

Now a new age, BACK to the outside antenna because we want to have TV available in emergencies, but do not watch TV enough to warrant cable. So laughingly I added two more cables for the NEW (Digital ready) outside antenna.
Now we are back to where we started many years ago, TV with an antenna that you must turn to get all the channels. Is that strange or what?

Nite Shipslog
P.S.  Did I read that sign right?
Proofreading is a dying art, wouldn't you say?
------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ --
Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife
And Daughter.

The editor was called,  It took two or three readings before the editor realized that what he was reading was impossible!!! They put in a correction the next day.

4 comments:

betty said...

Proofreading is indeed a dying art! I'm always catching a typo here and a type there. This house we bought had at one time 3 different phone numbers because it was a rental house so each bedroom was wired for different phones. And then of course when we got it and I have to have a landline, there went another wiring. It makes you wonder how the technicians know which one is their's when they come to a place to do the work, but I'm sure their's is coded in some way.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Ha on proofreading! How many times have I hit the publish button, then realized I came across like someone whose English is a second language.

When we moved from Big City, Tom was dismayed to realize our (TV) options were either Direct TV or DISH. Neither has bragging rights, but aside from weather disruptions, it's OK. Now, funny about locations. When we returned home after the new flooring was installed, they had arranged our furniture totally different … but we both liked the new look. A lot! Until Tom realized the other port had to have been a DirectTV -- not compatible with our DISH equipment. He's talked about going up in the crawl space and pulling wire, but I nay-sayed that idea and we wound up pushing the furniture back where it was before.

NanaDiana said...

LOL on the proofreading! I want to say the word IDIOT but I won't. lol
Yes- so true- no matter where you put a cable it will never be in the right place when needed. LOL Hugs- Diana

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We don't have cable available here and I was originally unable to get dish service due to the trees surrounding the house, so I was left with the option of streaming TV through the internet. Of course there is a cable for that too. Right now the TV sits in one place due to that. Then for Christmas I received a window antennae that also to hooks up to the TV , so there will no moving for a long time to come either. Ha ! I'm getting to the age when moving the furniture around doesn't appeal to me much at all anyway! But it is nice that you can!