Thursday, March 19, 2020

I remember


 Autos of beauty


  Why you missed some of this in stores!


For today, (Friday): First we have been asked are we going to be tested, no. We have no symptoms and the test kits are needed by folks who have big time symptoms. We are doing very good.
Now back to the blog:

I remember when you visited the hospital you had to ask for a visitor’s pass, and pin it on.  Only three visitors including family, could be in the patient‘s room.

There was an age limit on children; I think you had to be at least 12-13 to be a visitor in the hospital.

I remember when patients could smoke in bed, if they were not on oxygen. (Now I am confused because I learned that many people on oxygen in homes smoke as they breathe the oxygen)  Do we have nonvolatile oxygen now?

I remember my dad being in the hospital when I was in the fourth grade, and I could not visit him.

I remember the Sears Catalog in the outhouse. (Now we are saving the sales papers, MUCH BETTER!)

Side note:
Yesterday was my day to cook.  I do chicken in the pressure cooker, rice in the microwave and peas and carrots on the stove. Sherry notified me there were no canned peas. I had a errand to run so I stopped by Aldi’s.

YEP, I heard right, milk gone, folks were now buying ‘Almond Milk.’ BUT WHAT? No sweet peas, actually very few canned veggies.

So on to Walmart. They had milk, but NO PEAS. The only veggies were canned corn, artichoke hearts and whole carrots.

I am still mystified, ALL THE CANNED VEGGIES?  Walmart only had their milk, all the upscale milk even Almond milk was GONE!!!
Nite Shipslog  
ps:
Now they wish they had not wasted this resource:
   

7 comments:

betty said...

It is funny what us gone in the stores. Diet food is still there lol! Glad you guys are doing okay Jack!

Betty

Mevely317 said...

So happy you and Sherry are feeling well! Ya, our stores' shelves are hit-and-miss; I was just little annoyed having to visit two grocers to find eggs and bread. Out of curiosity, are you wearing gloves or a mask when you shop?

Jean said...

Take care and if you start feeling like you might becoming down with something get checked! I think you're going to be okay.

Chatty Crone said...

You are funny - it was a good relief.

I agree why get tested unless you think you have it - that confuses me.

I am just going to self monitor myself.

Of course my grandson - 19 - is sure he is not going to get it if you get my drift.

Rick Watson said...

What people hoard is a mystery. We took the same approach to getting tested but we’re behaving as if we have the virus and didn’t want to give it to our family.

Lisa said...

We plan to do our regular grocery shopping probably Monday. Nick has ran up to the Food Lion here on my end and said they were low on things. Bread was minimal but he found a loaf.

Nite
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am well stocked and could loan you those peas, but no you are too far away. I've always kept a well stocked pantry cupboard and haven't run out of anything yet. Although I did put american cheese on my Rubin sandwich this week as I didn't have swiss. I make do with what I have. I would think the store should be restocking by now.