Friday, April 24, 2020

There are also Good days


 Cars of beauty:


 Talking about a 1950s TANK in pink, A big Lincoln

For today Saturday:
The weather was very good; I had NO trouble installing the door. It took about 7 hours including picking up the door. Gisela is a happy camper. She asked for the bill and I gave her the cost of the door and trim. She would have none of that. She gave me more than twice the price of the material. She is very stubbornly sweet, LOL.
“She said, for years I have wanted and needed this door, I call you and three days later it is done.” She continued, “If it wasn’t for the rules I’d hug your neck, Shucks I’m gonna do it anyway.” And she did. Then she said, “Tell Sherry thanks for lending you to me for a day.”
On the way home I passed a friend who was hired out to do some yard work. He has had it a little rough, so I stopped the car ran back and gave him some of the money Gisela had paid. She will be tickled to hear that, she is a giver herself.
I got home and divided the rest with my sweetheart. Yep it was a good day.
AND look what came in the mail:
 
Woody of https://oldboomerwoodys.blogspot.com/., told us the ladies of their church were making masks. He sent us two, THANKS to Woody and the pretty Anna Mae I be cool when I go grocery shopping next!, Yep life has its GOOD DAYS!
Nite Shipslog  
PS A former pastor's wife sent us a note: "Not in my wildest dreams did I picture me going into a bank wearing a mask and asking for money!"                     

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You two look good sporting those masks. It's best to use them when you go out and now instead of thinking we are bank robbers it's become the norm. How things have changed. So Glad you could get the door job done without and set backs. It's such a good feeling being able to help someone out and know you did a good job of it. You are making good use of your time there.

NanaDiana said...

What a fine man you are to do that job for your friend...and then to share your earnings with another. You are a blessing to those that know you, Jack. Love your masks. I have been following Woody's blog, too. Quite an interesting man.
Stay Safe! Hugs to you and your sweetheart- Diana

betty said...

Love the picture of Sherry and you with masks, Jack! We wore masks yesterday to Wal-Mart and I took a selfie to see how I looked LOL. I think I looked better with a mask on than without :) Too funny too about going into any place these days with masks on. We were just talking about that yesterday in that who would have imagined it is socially acceptable these days to wear masks? A few months ago we would have been suspicious if we entered any place wearing one.

Glad you got the door done and were able to help out others during this time!

betty

Lisa said...

Yall look good in those mask. I tried to wear one in the grocery store the other day but took it off with in 2 minutes. I just can’t get used to it. I felt like a rebel. Haha.

You are so sweet for paying it forward to a friend.
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

What a blessing you are to Gisela! And paying it forward like that? You're the kind of folk who's going to wind up in a 'Sean column' someday. (*smile*)

You two look pretty cute in those masks.

Woody said...

Masks Looks good on you Jack but hides Sherry's beautiful Face !! I am not surprised you stopped and shared your good fortune with another person !
Tank care, stay safe, Love from the North !! Gary an Anna Mae