Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Special People, Stevie now Steve

 Car of the day

 

Steve and his close friend Hank were Trans Am guys, both had one and kept them spotless.

 

Now for Today:

I enjoy hearing people brag on their family. It is natural if you have good, hardworking successful kids and grandkids to brag a little. So just to be clear I am proud of my sons. Both have had a great work ethic and that was passed down to their children. The grands are successful in their own right and YES I am VERY proud of them.


(I doubt if Steve has seen this picture)

But today I am thinking of Steve, a nephew. His dad was very proud of him and for a long time we all were close. He has been successful and like his dad is a hard worker. Lately he has suffered terrible pain in one of his feet.  The medical people that have looked into it CANNOT determine the source or reason for the pain.  In the meantime he continued to work.

(Our family was away from NC a lot, but when back we did get together, this is our boys and Steve 

He said once, “I am considering having the foot amputated, but the Doctors’ say that might not stop the pain, it might become ‘phantom pain.’ Now a side note: have you ever known anyone who lost a body part for any reason medical or accident? I have. One lost part of his foot and could still feel his toes at times. Then there was Sonny, Steve’s dad who lost part of a finger in an accident. He still felt the end of his finger and even unconsciously at times found himself trying to clean the fingernail.

Anyway Steve has always been there if I needed him. He is a licensed electrician and I hired him to wire a couple houses for me as side jobs.  It is a strange way to remember him I guess, but when I use my BEST extension cords I think of Steve. He gave them to me at separate Christmases as presents. That was over 30 years ago and they are as good today as they were then. He used bulk wire and commercial fitting, and made them himself.


Strangely enough, I never have sawed one in two.  That happened to all my cords before; most carpenters do that at times, being careless or in a hurry.

Steve, wife Donna and daughter Megan,  daughter Jessica missing here

This is his birthday or close, and I am thinking of him. He is now retired and one of the best men I have known. He never once gave is parents any serious trouble and cut his dad’s grass until he passed away. Strange (using my family as reference) Steve, like his dad, has never lived over 4 miles from his place of birth, Paw Creek, NC.  He has a beautiful family.

Steve has one oddity, he has always had a goat or two as pets. In his younger life he would put on a football helmet and butt heads with his goat.

Hey Steve if you read this, Think of that foot, ask Hank if maybe your head butting effected that foot……… HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dude we love you and hope you have found some relief!

Nite Shipslog

PS: Note to the family, has osteomyelitis been considered, Just a suggestion from friend Myra along with a Happy Birthday Steve......

3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Hey, I used to have an outfit just like what Mark's wearing!
This is such a cute HB greeting. Happy Birthday, Steve!

PS - Don't want to jump to conclusions and sound like 'Myra-M.D.' over here-- but immediately my mind went to osteomyelitis maybe being the culprit to Steve's foot pain. Not sure, but I think it requires an MRI (like Tom). I belong to a OM support group and was surprised at how many people have it in their feet and legs. Just a thought ...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday Steve and best wishes to you and your family. Praying for you.

Also for Jack, Sherry and the whole family.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I will keep Steve in my prayers that they can find out what is causing his pain and can do something about it. This unknowns can be scary.