Sunday, January 30, 2022

It will get WORSE!

 That Car:

'30s Bugatti. 




For today:

Our news media learned ‘If it Bleeds, it Leads!’ for headlines.  Now for many years they have added to that. They make a Nicer headline like, “It Appears Omicron has Peaked in the USA” and then add “but it will leave destruction in its wake!

 

Always adding the ‘BUT’ or ‘except’ in a few words.  I very seldom comment on any big news headlines but a few days one of the headlines hit me and I made this comment:

“It would be nice if your news people would for ONCE put a good Headline on your News feed without adding the part, “But everything else is going to hell.”

Imagine my surprise when I received a quick response from a computer, “Your comment is being held for review, you used language not accepted by our News.” That fired me up, I told the computer, “Funny that, since a sitting president used that term and you published it in 2” letters.”

I was never notified if it was finally accepted or not.  I knew it did not matter, they know this stuff and as long as it works it will still be used.

I know there is bad in the world to report, but I would like the % raised of the GOOD NEWS that is out there, BECAUSE GOOD is all around us. I see obnoxious and courteous people on the road. WE all appreciate the courteous ones and smile.  It gives life a sweet breather.

.........................     ..............

(This is was taken in the Blue Ridge Mts.  All the Grands' love George, he is like part of the family, here is Ben and Corey (Holding George).

Mark asked me when we hooked up and headed here. "Does George drove your tow vehicle anymore?".  George is my puppet; He was great to liven up kids programs. I would also put him in the tow vehicle rigged with one hand on the steering wheel and the other, using a series of rubber bands had him waving at those passing.

 

In Texas a lady came up to the driver’s side with a van load of kids. I noticed she slowed down until she was even with George in the tow.  Then she passed blowing her horn and all the kids were waving.  Once at an RV park in Nova Scotia a kid saw George and walked beside the tow laughing and pointing calling everyone’s attention to George.

 I got to thinking how much fun George and I have had and I think I will dig him out again and let him drive the SUV, he has never driven one. LOL

 Nite Shipslog

PS:

3 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Oh the joy of a simple thing like George in the van, and children waving!

When we were 4 or so, our brother Bill was born. While she was in the hospital, Dad took the laundry to a lady in town. We sat in the pick up, and that was when Robert told me that "but" was a bad word. Then he smiled, and I tried not to say it. I still remember that to this day.

Mevely317 said...

*Sigh* ... today's mainstream media bears little resemblance to Journalism which existed years ago. And they dared to take umbrage of your use of the "H" word? Good grief!

I hope you will let George take a spin in the SUV soon. What a hoot for the children! Heck, I still remember getting a thrill when I'd make a certain gesture and the truck driver (or train engineer) would comply with blowing the horn. Simple pleasures!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like George. Great fun. Something we need more of in this world today.

God bless you Jack, Sherry and the family.