Monday, July 4, 2022

I am sorta ashamed

  Today’s automobile:

 I love this picture, I am older than this car....


Some thoughts for today:

For the first time in my 83+ years I have had to be reminded that this was the 4th of July!  It is also scary that I had to ask my sweetheart how old I am.

I knew it was the 4th holiday time, but I was in the dark until I said, ‘I must check when they are going to collect garbage since this is near the 4th’ , and Sherry said, “This is the Fourth!”  (I am not sure the above can be a sentence, but it is fact! :-O )

I have been behind for a while, I will catch up in the next few days.

I have glanced at Blogs, but can’t get my head into this yet.

Imma go out and sit in the swing awhile.

 

NiteShipslog

PS:

7 comments:

betty said...

Enjoy that swing, Jack :) That's okay about being confused about the day. My husband was going to go and check the mail today until I reminded him it was the 4th and no mail :) Hope you and Sherry had a good day!

betty

Woody said...

I pay no attention to the days, My Honey tells me what one it is, Grocery Day, Laundry Day, Garbage Day, Mowing Day, Church Day, It makes it easier than trying to figure it out !
Glad to see you back on "Blogging",, Missed Ya !!
Take Care, sending down Love from the North to you both, Gary and Anna Mae !

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Take it easy and relax more, my friend. Praying for y'all.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

No shame needed Jack. When we're retired it's hard to keep track of the days. I forgot to put the garbage out here. I'm always checking the calendar to see what day it is. Time goes by so fast, it seems like June just began and already it's July.

Mevely317 said...

I've been doing that 4 years now (since retirement). We'd both be lost, were it not for my tickler file in the left-hand drawer right here.
Wish I had a swing .......

yaya said...

When I retired I had a hard time knowing what day it was! Now that I'm back working part time it's easier to know when the weekend is! Enjoy that swing and don't get too upset about time or age. I know you're only 21 a few times over! Hugs to you and Sherry!

Dar said...

It's one of those ' sometimes,' Jack. Our days are going by so quickly too. Never feel ashamed. I blame my memory that is ' so good,' but ' so short.'
It's been a big part of my life lately. LoveyaMan. You're still the best at explaining everything from apples to thick tomato sandwiches, that I can taste them.
loven'hugs from up northwest of many borders. It's a misty day, just the kind I don't mind spending time in my swing watching the birds while listening to their conversations. Focus on the best part of each day.