And up until they got toooo complicated for a shade tree guy, we never paid for auto repair (body or mechanical).
But back to dreaming. Now I wake up and realize I will NEVER do some of the things I dreamed of:
1. Sail around the world in a sail boat. (To old and too complicated now, dangerous too I guess.)
2. Live in Mexico, France or Spain for a year. (Don’t have a year to spare anymore)
3. Swim the English Channel (Too old and not enough money for support, AND when I saw it, it was wider than I thought, LOL)
4. Sky dive (This one is iffy, I might can squeeze this one in.)
5. Drive as far north in Canada, then walk to the Arctic Circle. (WE may get to the Arctic circle via the Yukon, but by driving)
6. Learn to fly a plane (No need anymore, a friend let me handle the controls on his small plane, I would never be able to understand the tower operators or the radio anymore, it sounded like the old ‘Drive thru’ fast food windows.) Besides the friend decided he had better take the controls back since I was headed toward the ground pretty fast.
Dreams Still possible.
1. Finish the Appalachian Trail. ( One more try, later this summer.)
2. Ride in a Hot air Balloon.
3. Visit Ireland on a budget.
4. Take Sherry to the little Mediterranean Greek Island of Corfu.
5. I want to live Jo Staffords song, remember it?
See the pyramids along the Nile