Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I LOVE some changes in LIFE

Update on my girl:  Today she met with the ‘expert’. He did not suggest surgery (I about fell out of my chair.) He had the cast man hang her hand again with weights on her arm for 15 minutes, then he placed another temp cast on. She has an appointment for Monday to get the permanent cast.  She is doing well, She now has me help her get dressed (dang it!). I told her I unhooked Bra’s, never learned to hook ‘em. LOL But I am learning.

She may be like sneaky Grover, over in Opp, AL, and I will have to suffer thru giving her a bath. Shoot!  LOL  (BTW Grover weren’t fooling me)

Really she is handling it very well. I am proud of her.

Now the Blog, Changes:

Many times humans will say I hate change. I know folks in blogger land are fussing about the new chances.  Folks on FB, fussing about the changes there. BUT in life there are some changes that are TERRIFIC. 

Sherry was on FB  (Over across our table), she always points out pictures just posted. This morning it was another shot of Stella, taken  and posted 20 minutes ago.  Can you beat that? Of course Stella is just across town, less than 2 miles, but we could get that picture if we were in California, Alaska or Hawaii.

Remember when you were some distance away, to see photos you had to  wait until the sender got them developed (In the 1950’s down here, we sent outs to ‘Jack Rabbit Processing’ in Spartanburg, SC I think?). Then they had to mail it to you. A process of at best 10 days.  Now it is instant.

I like the changes in auto technology. Not necessarily the shape etc., but the mechanical end. Earlier cars were lucky to get 75,000 before an engine overhaul was required.  Now some go to 500K.

The biggest advance to me was putting the brake master cylinder on the fire wall, vs the floorboard under the horsehair floor mats.

Closing for tonight.  Oh yeah, Evelyn & Don dropped by, She, bringing a pound cake and a batch of cheese biscuits.(delicious Evelyn! thanks!)

Thanks for coming this way.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

another church bulletin, blooper:

Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.

**************************************************

1911_stanley_model_62_runabout-01

1911 Stanley

16 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm sorry Sherry fell and broke her arm. Have worried about her all day. Thanks for the update. I hope it heals nicely. I enjoy your travel blog and pictures. Be safe out there. Blog on.

Paula said...

Glad you are shaping up and keeping your mind on taking care of Sherry. Glad she doesn't have to have surgery and I hope she heals nicely with no problems.

Sheila Y said...

So glad Miss Sherry didn't have to have surgery. Make sure you do everything you are supposed to, she will have a built in weapon on Monday ;D. Hope she is not in too much pain and it heals quickly. Take care, Sheila

shirl72 said...

Sherry is a survivor she will do
fine. I sprung mine after I was
alone and did OK. She knows how
to manage. We had just walked
4 miles.

I had my brace on at your 50th
Wedding Anniversary. First time
I had ventured out alone and with
my arms in a brace. No one knew I had a brace on my left arm.
Can't hold us girls down.

I will talk to the Lord and tell him what happened and ask him to give her comfort and be with her.

Shirl

TARYTERRE said...

Thank goodness Sherry won't need surgery. She is in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I had a broken arm years ago, so I know how frustrating it can get trying to do things. Glad she has you to help Jack. You both take care.

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis», too, is relieved to read that Sherry won't have surgery!

Re the Stanley - here's another, little-known steam car that was built in Emeryville, CA, about five miles from Chez la Vache...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I won't be complaining about technology for sure. Over the years it sure has helped me keep in touch with those I love. I've managed to make it through a lot of changes and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come. I hope I never get to old to learn something new.What a blessing to hear that Sherry doesn't need surgery. I know that cast is going to get bothersome, but it could have been worse so we'll just count our blessings on that one! Hope you both have a wonderful Thursday!

Lucy said...

Jack, I am so glad to hear that Sherry is nearly cast and no surgery. As we get older it seems like it is always something. Jack, do not say how much you do not like hooking and unhooking her bra, you onery guy. I find it amazing that you and Joe to have the nimble fingers to do it. He hasn't had t do it only a few times with the knee surgery but when I had my rotator cuff done a number of years ago he looked forward to helping me dress and undress.. Take care of Sherry, which I know you will.Take care, Sherry.

DD said...

Jack, I am thrilled that your girl is doing well. Funny how this new technology brings people to be close and caring for each other via the internet. I can not say I like a lot of change, but I will take that. Lord knows I am on the net enough, must like it...lol.

I do hope Sherry has a comfortable, as well as possible, recovery and fast healing.

Thank you for your nice comment on my (rental) house. Coming from you, super cool!

betty said...

Think I solved my problem about comments; I have to go into Blogger through Google Chrome; let's see if this one actually stays on your blog and doesn't get lost in no man's land :)

Glad to hear Sherry doesn't need surgery!! I'm hopeful it will all go well with the cast; I know she'll love your loving care you will give her Jack!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I must have missed your post on Sherry failing and breaking her arm - not sure how I did that - God bless her and I hope and pray she recovers fast. You sound like a great care taker!

sandie

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Yeah....No Surgery!!!
Keep up that Tender Loving Care and she'll do great..!!
Enjoy

Anonymous said...

happy no surgery for Sherry...watch that frisky business now...enjoy the goodies that were brought by!

you don't know how much I appreciate the change in a lot of things from 70 years ago...a lot of things have been made better by progress (not all but A LOT)!

Helen said...

Glad they didn't have to do surgery on Sherry. I pray that it will heal nicely and quickly.

Anonymous said...

Every thinkable good, patience and many getting well wishes.

And yes, I too have to learn much of technology; most of my students know much more.

Please have you all a good Friday.

Anonymous said...

Every thinkable good, patience and many getting well wishes.

And yes, I too have to learn much of technology; most of my students know much more.

Please have you all a good Friday.