Thursday, November 1, 2012

Change, necessary or not?

Most folk like change it the change is in their line of interest. I remember when painting with oils, there were times I hated having an idea, but the oil was still too wet to accept a layer of a different color.  Then when I started using Acrylic, I sometimes got frustrated because a color set up when I was wanting to blend.

No one fusses more than senior bloggers when programs are changed, or modified and our comfort zone is interrupted.

Some of you guys are great about varying your blog appearance with the changing seasons or just simply on a whim.  I am sure you have noticed mine remains mostly the same, I ain’t touching it. I operate on the theory, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Winking smile

Some Changes I haven’t liked:

Camera’s with no view finder.

  AOL dropping journals.

These curly cue light bulbs that don’t light up enough for my old eyes.

 All the cars looking alike.

Store bought Halloween costumes.

I am not real happy with High Def TV. (Folks freeze in some ugly shapes)

Scanning registers.

Vulgar language on TV, Movies, FB & T-shirts.

Slot machines that do not take coins. (Once in a blue moon)

Kitchen cabinets made of pressed board.

Extremely cold restaurants.

Toll roads.

I started this entry with a great idea, and now I have no idea what it was.  That is another change I don’t like, ‘losing my chain of thought’.

So what changes do you not like?

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Audiologist said today: You will always have to read lips to understand. (I know that, but I keep hoping I am wrong! LOL)

*****************************************************

1932 Studebaker

1932 Studebaker

9 comments:

Paula said...

We have a new toll road from Seguin to Austin. They didn't take into consideration it is right through wild hog country. Now they are having to put up signs to warn drivers.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree with you on most of the things on your list. Some changes are very hard to take. I truly am glad I am the age I am as I don't think I'd want to be a young person in today's age. I like being my old fashioned self. I have made some changes in my lifestyle over the years, but those changes came about due things beyond my control. I guess it all boils down to attitude. You can either accept the change or fight it or just roll with the punches.

Chatty Crone said...

I will make this short. GOOGLE!

Dar said...

I'm with you Jack. I'm not one who likes change either. I hate the disrespect that kids show their parents, too little discipline?who knows what triggers their attitude but I know one thing, I would not Dare talk back to my parents and do not still...don't like the filthy language either and some of T's should never be allowed to go into print...bad stuff on the net, TV, God will intervene. Same as all the negatives in politics. Hate telemarketing, I know they are just earning a living, but, come on. It's gotten rediculous. Oh, I could go on. I don't like that my body is going to hell in a hand-basket either...that Really bites. and there isn't much I can do about it...ya got me going, dear, but just one more. How come when you retire, you cannot get what you have earned all these years...cannot make more than 14 grand a yr...what? That's crazy.
Anyways, sorry you didn't get better results at the Ear docs. Hang in there. At least you can still see your pretty Sherry.
BlessYaBoth

betty said...

I think it was always neat with slot machines to hear the winning coins clunking down. It loses its effect using a card to play the machines.

I too miss AOL journals!!! It was a good thing and then they had to mess around with it and eliminate them :(

betty

Jen said...

I don't like that Comcast makes me use their stupid coverter to get any channels. The picture did not improve - it got worse. It constantly has to be reset and doesn't allow me to get many HD channels on my HD TV. Have I told you how much I dislike Comcast?

Louis la Vache said...

A fine old Stude!

Rose said...

I agree with you with most of all that is on your list.

I also agree with some of your followers, I don't like Comcast converters either.

Some things should just be left alone if it ain't broke!

This was a great Post!

Hugs to my favorite couple!



Ken Riches said...

Sometimes I even seek change.