Saturday, April 20, 2013

Our TV has been on

When our TV is on there is usually a tragedy. This time the terrible happening in Boston that you have all been watching.

o-NEW-PHOTO-SUSPECT-2-570

(A sane person must wonder what is going on in the head of the kid in the baseball cap?)

I have to stand close to the TV and read the closed caption. Not fun but I can keep up pretty well.

So sad that innocent people are killed, maimed for life and otherwise injured, because of some insane idea of ‘terror is the way to protest’.

APTOPIX Police Converge Mass

(A view many will live with, creating a hell in someone’s mind, who will now confined to a wheel chair for the rest of their lives, or will mourn the loss of one so very dear to them)

I think of the hundreds of people world wide who have died, lost legs, arms, eyes and safety because some misguided person thinking ‘jihad’.

There is basically something twisted with  a mind set that says “no one should be allowed to live other than my faith, or my belief”.  No room for other beliefs or opinions. TERRIBLE belief and attitude.

Our prayers are for the victims of this act of Terror!

Our TV has been on way too much:

The shuttle Challenger

The shuttle Columbia

The twin towers and  9/11 attacks

Waco

Oklahoma City Bombing

Libya

ARAB SPRING!

Too many to name from memory. In America we should have been relaxing and reading instead of watching the reporting of an act of terror or a tragedy.  Many folks do not think so, but we are still free in this country and that fact is taken advantage of to spread hate.

Today we were driving and saw two emergency vehicles, I always say, someone’s day or life may be ruined, and I breath a silent prayer that all will be well.

Last night folks were jubilant, at the capture of the second ‘suspect’, and with every right. But that means little to the ones who lost legs and lives to two men’s cruel acts of terror. 

Remember the victims.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

I have often wondered how it is to live in Israel, Iraq and Afghanistan. Where bombs are nearly common place.

*************************************************

1956-ford-fairlane-convertible-blue-white-le-other

I was not a Ford man, but this ‘56 convertible was a gem.

12 comments:

Jackie said...

Remembering......

Louis la Vache said...

Re Boston, check «Louis'» blog on Monday.

«Louis» agrees that the '56 Ford convertible you show is indeed, a gem!

Mevely317 said...

Wonderful share, Jack. We've been glued to our own television set, as well.

When the Unimaginable occurs, it's an odd feeling to walk outside, look around my little corner of the earth and witness the "same old, same old" ... realizing everything I take for granted might well be temporary.
Giving thanks today for the Ordinary ... and remembering.

Thank you for this post.

Rose said...

I'm sick over this Boston Marathon bombings and the events that followed, the lives that are lost, the severe injuries,etc.

I now reside in Florida but Boston is my "Home" town and always will be. I was born in Boston.

It was so frightening to watch TV since my entire family live in Boston. My daughter's office is located not that far from where the bombings happened.

I was jumping for joy when they finally captured the last suspect.

Sad, we live in such a frightful world. I often wonder why we allow such people into our country. The FBI was watching the oldest brother not that long ago.

Anonymous said...

I had someone screaming at me last night about this. I voiced the opinion that those boys had to be in so much emotional pain...& the person thought I was feeling sorry for them. No, I just assume that only someone(s)with a very tortured mind would do this. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for peace on this earth in my time

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I try to watch just enough news to keep me informed but cannot watch it all the time. It is way to overwhelming for me. I'm keeping all those involved in my prayers and pray for peace in our world.

Annesphamily said...

My sweet friend Myra sent me your way! I posted on these tragic events too. Today being the Columbine anniversary and me being a native, I could not ignore it. Yesterday the OK Bombing. Life takes such a toll on those effected directly by this. Your words ring true, sad as it is. Thank you for sharing too.
I love that '56 Ford. It made me smile! Hugs Anne

Chatty Crone said...

I could not agree with you more Jack - how can these people be right next to the little ones he knew he'd kill. I don't get it. sandie

Paula said...

I'm sad!

Fred Alton said...

Jack, I looked at the first picture and wondered what's going on in the minds of the girls in front and in the mind of the guy wearing the MIT shirt. Actually, the guy in the white cap looks more calm than any of the others. Then, did you notice there is a man dressed in a suit over against the wall? Something about this whole scene seems strange to me.

I do love that Ford convertible! I always liked the '55 Ford. Never owned one but wanted to. Had to settle for that '36 straight-eight, four-door Pontiac.

TARYTERRE said...

We are resilient as a people. BOSTON was STRONG. So sad what happened there.