Saturday, October 17, 2015

Economy of Time

No one has more time than you. We are all allotted 24 hours in a day.  I am always saying where did the time go? It just flies by.  No, not really, a clock is steady, it is like weeds they work or grow 24/7 as the saying goes.

24 hour clockweeds

There are people who can manage their time better than others. I have known folk who planned their driving to allow for their med pick ups, gas fill ups and grocery buying so one flowed to the other without any back tracking. For some folk, living out of town teaches economy.

clock 4

Funny some folk will pay for 30-60 minutes at a gym to exercise then fight for a parking place as close to the door of a business as possible.

I knew an administrator who  trained his body for bowel movements at 6:30 in the mornings so his day would not be interrupted. He started it early in his life by sitting on a commode at 6:15 each morning and waited the urge.  That may sound crude, but some folk are that dedicated to saving time.

I spent a lot of time in the military. An E-3 is a very low rank. I spent 8 years as E-3 and below. I follow orders and instructions very well. I have my computer order me to exercise twice a day.  Most of the time I comply. I tell my self, DO IT, you aren’t accomplishing much else.

My training was GET DRESSED when you get up. The military did not encourage bath robes or nite shirts.  Neither did my dad, in the parsonage if you were up, you were dressed. (Anyone could drop by!)

The best use of time is a compromise between the military and common sense. Now that I am retired, I don’t manage time well and things do slip up on me.  We plan to leave North Carolina Monday, and because of some unforeseen circumstances, I am pushing it.  Ever have a preacher or speaker say, ‘in closing’ and continue 20-30 minutes more. YOu then start thinking about time.

Its broken

Good TIME? .. There is no ‘GOOD TIME’ for a washer to quit or a commode to malfunction. How you handle the unexpected shows your self control, me? I am prone to say a bad word. but I still handle it. (I guess we all do).

I do appreciate you stopping by. I know you  have better things to do. So I do certainly appreciate you allowing me to share a few minutes of your time.

Nite Shipslog

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

100_1220100_1221

‘35 Studebaker from ‘Color Purple’ I think.

Love the Rumble seat!

 

 

.

6 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

BAPTIZED, BECAUSE OF? BY STEVE FINNELL



Some who deny that immersion in water is essential to the forgiveness of sins claim that "for" in Acts 2:38 actually means "because of".

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(NKJV)

The baptism deniers say that Acts 2:38 actually means "Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ "because your sins have already been forgiven." That would mean repentance and water baptism follows forgiveness of sins.

If in fact your sins are forgiven the minute you believe, then why does Acts 2:38 say you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit after repentance and water baptism? Why the delay? Why would Christians have to wait until they repented and were baptized to receive the Holy Spirit if they were already saved from the penalty of sin?

Jesus shed His blood "for" the remission of sins. Jesus did not shed His blood "because sins were already forgiven".
Matthew 26:26-28 ....."For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.(NKJV)

For the remission of sins means "for", it does not mean "because of".

When Saul was told to arise and be baptized, and wash away his sins, calling on the name of the Lord; it was not because his sins had already been forgiven three days ago on the road to Damascus. Saul believed in the Lord three days prior to getting instructions from Ananias. (Acts 9:6-9)

Acts 22:12-16......16 'And now why are you waiting " Arise and be baptized, and wash your sins away, calling on the name of the Lord.'(NKJV)

In order to convince men that "for" of Acts 2:38 means "because of" you need a skilled professional and a willing student.

There are only two choices when it comes to salvation. 1. Believe the Bible. 2. Believe man's interpretation of the Bible.

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

My husband is a "on schedule person" and he hates when something breaks the routine. Me on the other hand refuse to follow the schedule path. But I will say, I spend a total of several hours a week looking for my shoes around the house. ha.

Cool you show a car from "the color purple". My Father-in-Laws ice cream truck was used in that film even though it was never shown in the movie.

From Myrtle Beach
Lisa

betty said...

I like routine but do try to be flexible. It is funny though to be too regimented, need a little spontaneity now and then.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Being Ad's daughter, even all these years later I can sure identify with scheduling ... even down to the 'bowel business.' (My son and I chuckle about that to this day.)

Why, I can close my eyes and see his typewritten itinerary clipped to the driver's side shade. Darn if we weren't in Oklahoma City by nightfall on Day #1, I suppose the world may have tipped on its axis!

shirl72 said...

Very good I like the 35 Studebaker..there is a lot of difference in
the 38 and 35.

The older I get time after time has become a problem and before I am aware time has slipped away.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Due to the fact that I used to work I was always on a schedule, but now that I'm retired, I'm not. Most of the time I do what I want and when I want to. Today though I've got church to attend and then come home to get dinner ready for some of my family that will be coming over. It's a trick to get it all ready to serve when they get here. My schedule is flexible though. I've learned that things don't always go the way I plan. Hopefully all your unforeseen circumstances work out and you'll be off on Monday and headed south.