Wednesday, May 18, 2016

If you are looking for us, we are gone!

I was once standing in a line and thought I recognized the guy in front of me.  I tapped him on the shoulder and when we turned I knew I was wrong, so I apologized, "I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else."
He answered smiling, "I might be!"

One of the funny things that happen in life that I remember.  I think I could have been considered funny and fun growing up, but I was never 'quick witted'.  I admire wit, of our crowd I think Buddy was the wittiest. (Not the smartest of course, LOL, We all THOUGHT we were the smartest (or pretty smart anyway, admit it!).  

We are about 38 miles north of Savannah, Georgia.  On Tuesday morning I looked around and thought how smart I was (this time).  It was pouring down rain I had prepared the coach for travel the day before except for checking the air pressure in the tires. Hey, I looked at the RV port and smiled. I can get out check the tires and disconnect the power, water and sewer and NOT GET WET IN A DOWN POUR. I was even able to pull forward and Sherry backed the Fit into the RV Port and I backed up into the port and hooked up the car while it was raining and did not get wet.  That is not witty, but very smart planning. ;-) 

Picture will not load

We ran out of the rain before we reached Columbia, SC BUT it started back about 45 miles north of our evening destination.  I didn't have a carport here, but it did slack off while I hooked up the umbilicals  and we settled in, dry.  Life is good on the road.


Nite Shipslog

PS: I am filing this before the system dies again. Every time I try to load a picture the system dies. I have been working for 4 hours to get from a 'blue screen' and get a copy of my latest book. I got the book. Now I will not try to load pictures again until after I get the book finalized, this BLUE screen scared me. I did not make a new copy after my last changes, and I could see all that work repeated, BUT I will be more vigilant from now own.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

We we're just talking about Savannah Georgia ! I've never been but hear it's a beautiful place. Hope you can get your computer working properly soon. I'm breaking in a new blogging gadget now. I tell everyone about it later :).

Stay dry out there.
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Having computer problems isn't good and very frustrating. Hope you get it all working again soon.

Sheila Y said...

I've always admired the quick witted also. Do you think there will ever be a way to have faster Internet for full time RVers? Safe travels as you make your way to where you are going! Sheila

Paula said...

Glad you all are on the road and everything is smooth.

betty said...

I think you did well planning so you didn't get wet during the downpour. I rather have that "street smart" than be quick witted myself :)

Ick on the computer problems, never fun to have them, especially if we can't figure out how to solve them.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Pretty sure that's a smile I hear behind your last (turquoise) sentence! Methinks y'all are heading to see Mark?

Crossing fingers that your computer straightens up and flies right once it's at its destination!

Unknown said...

We had rain here but now sun is out. The weather is unpredictable. Things are real exciting around here, a possum is eating the birds food and the cat
does not know what to think they just stare at it. I called Attorney
General about the scam. Police and AG said lot of people are being called..
If they get your information they will use it. Hope they get caught.

TARYTERRE said...

sounds like your computer problem could eat your work right up. hope you are able to combat it. the road is long. don't get lost. enjoy your travels.