Thursday, August 25, 2016

A day out

We took a long ride today. One of our favorite things, a day in the car together.  Sherry and I are together nearly 24 hours a day EVERY day.  I love it, she ‘manages’.  Nah, really she loved it too. WE dropped by the title company today and Kirsten had the check for our earnest money.

I never stop getting addresses of ‘cheap’ houses for sale and since I just happened to ‘bring a list along’ my sweetheart said I haven’t been to Merritt Island in a while, let’s go. (When we first moved to Florida our mail service was in Merritt Island).


Three were trailers, 2 were dumps not worth the $44K they were asking. One got an ok beside it. Then to a HUD (government owned). Ah, a nice block home in a very nice neighborhood. I got out and was greeted by a young 80 lb playful bull dog.  A neighbor came running over apologized for the dog but gave some insight on the house. It needs some structural work, one corner has sunk about an inch. There are no cabinets in the house but it is a nice floor plan. The RV will squeeze in. But the price is $71K. I wanted to see if Kathi was interested in working the house, but it is a long way away


On the way back toward Deltona, my girl was deep in thought. She spoke, how about offering $60K, we agreed to think about it.  I haven’t contacted Kathi about it, we are still unsettled on it.


We looked at 2-3 in Deltona, and re-looked at one our bank has repossessed. It too needs interior work, no cabinets in it either. The work needed on the two that are interesting is my kind of work. I want them both. Hahahaha


But our time in Florida for now is down to about a week then we have to go back to NC. Sherry’s 60th HS reunion is coming up. She and her friend Evelyn say they graduated when they were 8 years old.  They say that some folk find it hard to believe, but that is their story and they are sticking to it.

On our trips, we reassess our lives, we always come up with, “We are two of the luckiest people in the world and we manage.”

I guess that is good I read this somewhere:

You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, you have to manage!

Nite Shipslog
PS:  We will not work on houses for a few weeks, but that won't stop me looking on the net. LOL

<<<<>>>>>>>


Boys managed to sneek a few drinks off of the truck back then, but today I am afraid the driver might lose half his load.



7 comments:

betty said...

How fun with the upcoming reunion! Maybe a few weeks away from the area will bring lots new properties to look at. Maybe people will be motivated to sell with cooler weather coming up.

Betty

shirl72 said...

Time to come back home and rethink about moving. We need good citizens
in this nice Historic Town. Good Sherry's class still having reunions. Last year was the last for my class. It was fun to see people I graduated
with they had aged..hee hee

2023 said...

The managing together most probably involves a lot of love.

Jackie said...

Being together is the best!
My heart smiles as I read of the love between you two.
I pray that you find the home that both of you love...and I know that God will lead you to it.
Hugs,
Jackie

Mevely317 said...

You know, I'll never consider the word, "manage" again w/o thinking of y'all!

That '2905' address certainly looks inviting! Is it premature of me to envision father-and-son working side-by-side soon?

PS
... Side-by-Side. Sounds like a song, but with Sherry in mind. :)

Rick Watson said...

You'll find a place Jack. Have you looked on Craigslist? Sometimes you can find stuff on there.
R

TARYTERRE said...

MOving in with everything intact would be nice. But a little home improvement project is always fun.