Sunday, July 23, 2017

So you are not happy with your lot in life, so what?



little Known Facts:
1.    The dot that appears over the letter i is called a "tittle."
2.    If you were to spell out numbers, you would you have to go until 1,000 until you would find the letter A.
3.    Montpelier, VT is the only U.S. state capital without a McDonalds.

Leave it to Paula (paulinescountrytales) to make me think. Her post mentioning folks who are always griping or mad about something. She mentioned a lady with no arms, and how grateful she was to have her arms.

As a kid there were two cashiers at the “Park ‘n Shop” grocery store who worked back to back. They were Violet and Daisy Hilton conjoined sisters (Siamese twins). Folks like me looked at them with wonderment. We had no idea of their past. In their past they were very famous throughout the world. Born in England, sold to a bar tender. Displayed from the age of 3 as ‘freaks’.



 Taken over the world as virtual prisoners with no say so over their lives. Finally were able to reach an attorney and break free only to be taken advantage of again and never saw their $5000 a week salary. They were dropped in Charlotte. There is much more to the story, but can you imagine the life.

Violet and Daisy were joined at the hips. The shared some blood vessels. A virus took them to their grave near the time MLK jr. was assassinated. 

When I was a kid we stopped every once in a while at a china shop, Spindale, NC (I think). The owner had no arms and made change, packed dishes, etc, all with his feet and toes. Over the years his toes grew a little longer and he could use them about like fingers. It always amazed me.


Every see a guy named Nick Vujicic? With no arms or legs he is a motivational speaker.  One of the best, you hear no crying from him.

Yep so many more, Helen Keller? How can one even imagine her strength?


YES, fussing, crying, complaining people should take a look around them and THANK GOD for  arms, legs, and enough food to fill our needs. For eyes! YES and even EARS!  Every night I remove my implant devices and the world goes silent. I cannot hear a jet engine.  I am so glad I can hear, even artificially. WOW how wonderful to hear, even mechanical voices are heaven to NONE!

Let's quit bitching.

 Nite Shipslog


8 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

i agree. let's quit b!tching.

Mevely317 said...

Amen! Yes, I've seen some of Nick Vujicic's vignettes - and marvel at his attitude. There are so many Violet and Daisy's and Nicks and others out there going about their lives with a smile.
How much larger a hammer to the head do we(I) need?

Paula said...

It's just amazing to me what handicapped people learn to do.
























recently
either on TV or the internet I saw how a child had learned to use a fork with his toes and he was so good at it and seemed happy and didn't realize he was any different. Actually he wasn't different, was he? Just did things a different way.

Paula said...

Sorry my comment goofed for some reason, hope you can read it one way or another.

betty said...

Son had a friend when we lived in Billings who only had half arms with really not functioning fingers. He did most things with his feet. Played trombone. Raced remote control cars. Drove cars and 4 wheelers (got into a terrible accident with a 4 wheeler, mercifully he survived). Always a joy to have around. I commend his parents because I'm sure they never stopped anything he tried to pursue and let him figure it out if he could do it.

betty

Lisa said...

I have thought the same way. Imagine any of these handicapp people being grumpy, complaining and drab with no desire. They would never accomplish anything and noone would even acknowledge them. Its the same way with a full bodied, healthy person. Be happy with who you are. Nobody likes a complainer.

Off to work
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You won't hear any complaining from me for sure ! I'm so thankful for what I have. When we think we have it bad, we need to remember others have it much worse. Good post today. Its good to remember not to complain, cause we have an awful to to be thankful for !

Dar said...

Awesome reminder of how fortunate so many of us really are. I thank God every day that Bill and I have overcome our drawbacks and turned them into pure determination. Personally, I'm reminded over and over of how much we have to be grateful for.
Thank you for this reminder again, of what we have is what we are 'meant' to have according to His great plan for us.
love n' hugs fro a cooler north. It feels good.