Saturday, November 25, 2017

Things I did, but won't do again

Tonight’s Historical Picture
            Eleanor and Madame Chiang
*   **   *  ******   ******  *   *  **
As I age it is for sure that I repeat myself, so I am sure in the thousands of posts here, I have did it often.

Things I did as a kid, I wouldn’t have wanted my sons to do.

Tuck and I once jumped into a flooded creek of fast running water just to see how fast it was really going.

Vondale Tucker was a bad influence on me. LOL Once he talked me into jumping on someone’s pastured horses’ Indian style and ride them. I had only been on one horse in my life (another story).

We had air rifle wars, and thank goodness no one had an eye put out.

I set a broom straw field on fire once. I did get a good whuppin for that.

When I was 7 on a dare I rode my bike thru a stop sign with my hands off the handle bars. (yeah I hit a car in the side, didn’t get hurt, he wasn’t going fast that was in 1946)

Me and an unnamed boy stole some tires off a burned car in a junk car. Hid them in the woods and someone stole them from us. Yep, I prayed thru about that a few years later, fessed up and paid the owner of the Boulevard Wrecker Service for the tires.

I had a beautiful 1948 Chevy convertible, one night after dropping Sherry and Martha. We were driving along, I was distracted, probably by Vondale and we turned that car over. The radio was blaring ‘Rock Around the Clock’. We didn’t get hurt bad. But the Chevy took a licking.

Now I will repeat stories and tales because I am old. But I will never be old or young enough to repeat some of the things I did getting old.

What have you done that you would NOT do again??

Now there are some things I would do again!
Nite Shipslog
Our body:


 
Humans can make do longer without food than sleep. Provided there is water, the average human could survive up to  two months without food.  Sleep deprived people, however, start experiencing radical personality and psychological changes after only a few sleepless days. The longest recorded time anyone has ever gone without sleep is 11 days, at the end of which the experimenter was awake, but stumbled over words, hallucinated and frequently forgot what he was doing.


Ahhhh, that 1948 Chevrolet Convertable.

7 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Where do I begin? :)
R

Chatty Crone said...

You sure were all boy - things were so different then you know. Boys don't play like that. Neat you went a paid for the tires.

Paula said...

My sister and I got in the car with a boy who had been drinking because he was going to let me drive. He put his foot on top of mine on the gas to make me drive fast. I learned my lesson with that one.

Mevely317 said...

There's not enough alcohol to make me 'fess up here ... but I am sure curious about your one-time experience astride the horse.

God bless ya, Jack. I STILL love y'all ... even when you have the nerve to write 'Roll Tide' on Rick's blog! hahahahahahaha.
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betty said...

That was good you fessed up about the tires and paid the man. Hope your parents knew what you did; they would have been proud of you for doing so, albeit a few years later. We all have those things from our youth we aren't proud that we did, but to admit them later and make amends is a good thing.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

that was nice what you did about the tires.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think my mom had the gift of having eyes everywhere. I never got away with anything. I remember once riding on a friends handlebars after being told not to do that. We went over a bump in the curb and off I flew. I still wear the scars of that one. Kids always have to try things out instead of listening to advice it seems. Lots of hard lessons learned that way for sure!