Thursday, February 14, 2019

Lucy, Joe and Spunky!



Trucks of Art
   Only in Texas, Imma thinking this is Paula, she drives a truck!
 Prelude: I am rushing tomorrows blog entry. My computer is giving me a fit. It took at least 4hours to get it on this last time. so I am going to be copying stuff I do not want to lose. Lucy and Joe were staples here on Blogger. None of us knew What happened. Sheila let me know Lucy is still around.  I hope to see you guys tomorrow......

Today:

Jean’s little girl Sheila dropped me an e-line.  I waited for a few days thinking she might post it on ‘Southern Comfort.’  Since she hasn’t I hope she doesn’t mind me going ahead.

Lucy and I had a good relationship (LOL) on AOL and Blogger. She is a feisty ‘older’ lady.  I was always proud of her for handling the new technology of the computer. I think it finally got the best of her. Like my sister Shirl, Lucy created several FB accounts when one would get out of her grasp.  Shirl ‘Loved Lucy’ and enjoyed bantering back and forth. (Shirl also enjoyed Sheila as her snow dancing partner.)
   Below is the entire OBIT , or at least all I could find.
Joseph Norman Horky was born on January 16, 1937 in Crete, Nebraska and passed away on September 3, 2018 in Lincoln Park, Nebraska .

  I was very surprised he had been a LtCdr in the USAF. That is a pretty high rank.


I didn’t post it because I was not sure of Lucy’s present situation, but I did see Joe’s obit, but it was a very simple obit stating the dates of life.
Anyway, Sheila tells me Lucy is still sticking around this life and living in Nebraska. But I do not think she is on any social media at present.  I am not sure if she has anyone to let the ‘Cyber World’ know of her present ‘status.’
WE drove to her house unannounced, parked in front of her house and visited.   We had a ball.



                  Joe, Sherry and Lucy

                     I met Spunky


Faced off with Lucy (Joe moderated)!
 
Finally got to meet Joe. I had heard so much about him.

Lucy was fun in person and to know on the internet. I look forward to any information we can come up with.
Nite Shipslog
PS: Obits get shorter as we outlive family and loved ones. 

8 comments:

betty said...

Oh that saddens me to read of Joe's passing. Lucy sure was spunky along with Spunky! And you are right, she stuck with it on trying to figure out technology. I'm sure she was tickled "pink" when you came avisiting!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

i miss hearing about lucy, spunky and joe. thanks for filling in the blanks.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It does make us wonder when we no longer hear from those we blog with for so many years. Glad at least you got to meet up with Joe and Lucy. Good memories for sure.

Dar said...

I remember Lucy, Joe, and Spunky. Sad to hear of Joe's passing. I'm sure Lucy and Spunky will always have a special place in their hearts for him as the remember all the good times. I also remember when you ' popped ' in for a visit with them and then showed us all what a beautiful lady to relate her blog with. My prayers for them. You are so sweet to keep us up on old friends.
loven'hugs from up north where the sun is shining through the icicles hanging off my eaves. Gotta take care of that.

Glenda said...

Jack, that is a lovely memorial to Joe, I remember Lucy as well. How nice you were able to spend time with them; I'll bet Joe had some USAF stories for you :)

Lisa said...

I loved this though I do not know who either one of them are. I love that you made a surprise visit. Its hard losing great friends.

From work
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

I'll bet Joe's looking down and smiling BIG. And their legend lives on through your words! Life is good, yes!

NanaDiana said...

I hope you can find some more info on her, Jack. It is so sad that we lose track of people when life changes for us. I found out a good friend I had on the internet had passed away through a complete stranger to me. We had planned to meet this past fall. I hate that feeling of being in limbo and not having answers.

I hope you and your sweetie have a great weekend- Hugs- Diana