Sunday, February 24, 2019

Stuff from North Carolina


Trucks of Art
 1929 Ford School bus.
Now:
We attended a funeral today for OUR brother in law Elmer. I sorta thought he had outlived so many of his peers at 91 the attendance may be small. But the church was full.  Elmer had touched many people in his life.  He was also steady, he had attended the same church since 1946.

Oh yes, I must say to you guys who read regularly but do not comment, thanks.  Today several people, some I did not know said that they enjoyed the Shipslog.

After the funeral Sherry checked her phones and we had received some bad news. My dear friend Ed, was in the hospital.  We drove over to Gastonia to see him for about 5 minutes. He was recovering from surgery related to ‘scar tissue’ from cancer surgery 10 years ago, but this was not cancer, Thank the Good Lord.

Many friends and family asked the same question, “Are you here for good?” Our answer is “No, but we are not sure when we will head back.”

Oh the weather was clear but windy today for the burial that was a pleasant surprise.

Looking forward to getting back to some regular type schedule, well for a few weeks anyway.

Nite Shipslog

9 comments:

betty said...

That was pretty impressive than Elmer had attended the same church since 1946! Glad there was a nice turn out to say goodbye to him. Hoping your friend Ed makes a quick recovery from his surgery.

betty

Lisa said...

It always makes me feel good when people say they read my blog. Sadly, no one in my family does except mom, (it think).
Enjoy your stay in Gtown despite the circumstances. We are heading to Grover tomorrow afternoon for my Uncle Jims funeral service.

Nite
Lisa

bobbie said...

I am so sorry for your loss ~

I read you blog!

Glenda said...

Happy to hear that the weather was clear for Elmer's sendoff. Sounds like he was an amazing man who brought a world of happiness throughout his passage.
Godspeed as you get back on the road.

TARYTERRE said...

glad the weather was nice for elmers funeral. sorry to hear about ed. hope he recovers quickly.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Going to funerals and visiting friends in the hospital does tend to make us long for normal days for sure. Neither one is very pleasant, but still we go. Family and friends are so important and it's good to honor them with our presence.

Mevely317 said...

Oh, I wish I'd have thought to say what 'Ma' just wrote! I'm thinking, seeing all those in attendance at Elmer's service, must have warmed your hearts. Wonderful news about Ed. Thank the Lord, the sun is shining here as well! Hope you two have a beautiful day.

PS - Windy? When was the last time you flew a kite? :)))

Chatty Crone said...

Jack, sorry I haven't written in a couple days I have been sick. I am so sorry about the loss of your BIL. I am glad your other friends doesn't have his cancer back. Oh vey. Love, sandie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You've sure had a lot to handle on this trip. I hope the rest of the week is good. I wanted to say thank you very much for coming over to my new Lavender Dreams blog to offer my support and encouragement. It means a lot to me! Hugs, Diane