Saturday, July 6, 2019

Virginia Country


Early interesting Cars:
 Some folk went crazy with customizing.....

 I know this one has Chrysler tail lights and the unforgettable 50 Studebaker bullet nose.  (The lizard head got me!)

But for today:
This is very interesting country. It has been a long time since seeing tobacco in the field. There are some beautiful farms here, well taken care of. I haven’t gotten lost but two or three times after we settled down. (true)

Tonight’s walk was good, a little over two miles. The thrill of the woods, roads and country over shadow the Starter problem. As other glitches in life, it is now behind and will make a good story as time goes on.

(My guage and rear camera (tow car) view )
 
On the trip I had commented on the beautiful cloud formations. A good photographer (like our friend Rick) sees a sight of beauty and thinks to hold it on film, I forget, later I say ‘I shoulda caught that on film.’ As I said we followed our antique GPS, it took us off the interstate and I did not complain. As we entered Virginia the sky was dark on one side and clear on the other. You could see the solid vertical rain line I have seen so many times at sea.





In just a few minutes we were in a deluge. I had to slow to 30 mph. It was a refreshing rain for about 15 minutes then we had clear skies & White clouds ahead. It was beautiful.

Then the GPS took us off US29 onto local roads. As I mentioned narrow, with no center line. I met one truck we both dropped our right wheels off the pavement, waved, smiled and passed slowly. I am sure he was a local farmer wondering what this guy is doing out here?

Then a double railroad crossing (rough) with a 'short steep' incline into US29, (WHAT? We left 29 awhile back.). The GPS took us across 29 again and back into the great farm country. It was an interesting ride. Virginia is a beautiful state.

Nite Shipslog

7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Thank you for sharing this part of your journey with us! (That rear-view camera is so cool!)
Y'all have the best attitudes. Perhaps the trick is having no expectations? I need to take a page from your play-book!

betty said...

That was one quick rain shower you guys got! Enough to wet the land a bit and then move on! Sounds like you and Sherry are enjoying your time in Virginia!!

betty

Susan Kane said...

Thank you, God, for GPS. But for that, we would still be driving around up near Sequoia.

NanaDiana said...

I love your stories, Jack, and the adventures you and Sherry experience. I am glad you get off the highways and hit the byways on your travels. It is so much more interesting. Hugs -Diana

Chatty Crone said...

I have always wanted to go see Virginia!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's always nice to get off of the interstate highways. I think there is truly so much more to see. Love the pictures and glad you took time to share them. Views like that do tend to appreciate our beautiful country!

Lisa said...

Ive always heard that Virginia was pretty. I think your GPS was a great guide this day.

Catching up
Lisa