Thursday, May 28, 2020

We are sorta crazy, methinks


 That Car 
One car we dated in, but I rolled and wrecked it, my 1948 Chevy convertible.

Now for Thursday..
Sherry & I have a couple favorite silly songs. At many unannounced times one of us will start singing and the other will join in, such as:
Finishing a song across the table:
She..Where you go I’ll tag along
Me…Remember me I’m the one
US….Who loves you!

And then at another time Singing as we ‘wing our way down the road’ finishing one of our favorite duets here in the RV:
She continuing a song

She: Oh we don't know whats coming tomorrow,
ME: Maybe it's trouble and sorrow,
She: But we will travel along,

Me: Singing a song,
US: Side by side…..

 Then we smile and laugh and I say, “I’m the luckiest man in the world.” She will say “I’m the luckiest one!”
But you see, I know me, and I know; I AM the luckiest guy walking.

Some folk would never know we have had our troubles. Earlier in life, even some loud ones. (Never in front of the boys).  99,9 % of the times, all my fault; nothing drastic, just something stupid. BUT what counted was we were miserable not being close. She has appologized when it was not her fault. I have written, the one who loves most apologizes first.

She always has been, and always will be the BEST. The most beautiful lady in the world.(she says my eyes are bad, but they are not)

I know, that is sorta like having the best Mother in the world, Everyone’s mother should be the best in the world, shouldn’t they?

IMO, when a woman has dedicated her life to you and a family, who loves you unconditionally, SHE IS the most beautiful woman in the world.(AND SHE IS!)

We all live our lives the best we know how, and each life is different and not all require the same thing. Many people need room, space. Our lives require less space than most. We enjoy each other’s company and so any closeness required by this ‘new normal’ (I am tired of that term. LOL) has not been a problem.

Just married and still in our teens, we rented our first home, a little 26’ trailer. Funny thing about that trailer it had a bath tub. I had enjoyed a bathtub since I was 12. Sherry had never lived in a house with a bath tub. MANY families during our time took baths on in the kitchen area where the water was heated on the kitchen stove; usually Saturday, and in mama’s wash tubs. Most times using the same water, boys bathed LAST! LOL
Next entry…. That promise…..
Nite Shipslog                     

9 comments:

betty said...

I think it is just part of human nature to sometimes disagree. Working through it though takes work and lessons learned so mistakes don't happen again. I think you and Sherry have been great figuring out the balance and making it work!

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Well, if y'all are 'sorta crazy', methinks this old world needs lots more crazy! Love how y'all sing together. Tom couldn't/wouldn't do that, on account he never listens to lyrics -- it's all about the notes, the chords … musician stuff.
BTW, have y'all tuned into Radio Recliner that Sean posted about yesterday? I put a link on my FB page (in the comments) and we both enjoyed listening for a little while.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes, I agree this world needs a whole lot more of that kind of crazy. I'd love to hear you singing together too. There re times I feel like the whole world has gone crazy, but maybe I am the crazy one and everyone else is sane.

Chatty Crone said...

That was so sweet. Glad you have each other.

Susie said...

I loved this post. We people want to be happy in their marriage they need to be best friends. Ted and I are great friends. We always find something to talk about. We enjoy being together. Blessings to you and your sweetheart, xoxo, Susie

Susan Kane said...

Strong marriages depend on everything you wrote!

Have never heard of a tub in such a small thing!

NanaDiana said...

I always have a fond spot in my heart for Side By Side. Glad you two sing to each other.
None of us have perfect marriages...we have arguments and apologize and move on. If there is faith underneath it all and we know we are not going to just 'give up' we can get through just about anything.
Love to you and your beautiful lady- Diana

Glenda said...

This post just touched my heart; I even read ALL the comments as I knew this one was a heartstopper! You two, have always been my ideal couple, beautiful Sherry and talented Jack (ok you're handsome as well) and this commentary underscores that everything I've felt for you two and your two and their babies is the most wholesome, enjoyable story ever told. Love and hugs, Glenda

Lisa said...

Yall are just too cute. I bet your arguments are even cute.
Never lose that loving feeling.

Catching up
Lisa