Friday, November 20, 2020

I cannot hear fast enough

  Early Luxury Cars time forgot:

 The Napier, 1900- '24


For today:

I am trying to watch 15 minutes to 30 minutes of news with my girl.  This is to try to improve my ability to live among the rest of the world. I didn’t know people could talk this fast.  I know it is to preserve time (words per minute) because air time is money. But I just can’t hear as fast as they talk.

I have mentioned here that at one time I was an extrovert. I loved to mix and mingle; to take part in discussions and be a part of a group. But as I lost my hearing I became more and more a loner.

But Imma tell you, it is close to torture to try to keep up, even with closed caption.  I laugh too, I never knew there were so many medicines requiring a prescription advertised on TV.  None of the USA should be sick. There is a cure or control for EVERYTHING under the sun.  I don’t see how I remained healthy without TV.

Long after I quit watching TV my BIL told me any med on TV he asked his Dr. to prescribe, he did. WOW. I have always heard that a salesmanhimself was easily sold. In Elmo’s case that was true. He was a great salesman over his life time, and I think he believed every ad on TV.

I am not sure how long this ‘experiment’ will last. LOL.  BTW, I am riding my bike a little, it is doing great. Man does it get to my legs.  I am just circling our block a couple times a day to build them up. Traffic on our community’s roads is minimal. So I feel very safe. I did learn one thing, I cannot look back or I run off the road. LOL I am ordering some mirrors tonight.

Be safe and enjoy the TV while you can.

Nite Shipslog

4 comments:

betty said...

Do be careful on that bike Jack! I can barely make it through a minute of the news before I get irritated with what they say LOL :) We haven't watched as much TV since we got Winslow, which may or may not be a good thing :)

betty

Mevely317 said...

LOL-ing about all those commercials for whatever ails you. Then, the rapid-fire disclaimer about possible side effects. As if Life wasn't scary enough?!

I've almost come to loathe watching the news. (To me) they don't even try to be impartial anymore. I miss the likes of Walter Cronkite! Huntley & Brinkley, too.

Susie said...

This was one funny post...but sad that it's true. I think you have to be drugged out of your mind to even produce some of those commercials. But don't worry, there's an insurance for everything under the sun. LOL. Get those mirrors and be safe. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Lisa said...

I do not watch much TV. I avoid the news unless I feel its something important going on. We have a few shows that we like to sit down and watch before bed.
I love riding my bike. It’s and old cruiser bike that Nick refurbished for me. The other day, I learned real quick that I can’t turn and look back without wrecking. I do not remember the bike crashes lasting so long or being so painful. I haven’t gotten back on it since. But I will when the weather warms up.

Be careful
Lisa