Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Sanity? Or Something to do!

Never forget those who served this great country, my family was blessed with patriots (Uncles, cousins & brothers). They were all Heroes to me. Seeing brothers in uniform coming home from WWII,  I was one proud kid. I wanted a uniform.



 Early interesting Cars time forgot:


The Borgward, 1924-1961 (Germany)

Today (Black & Red was Sherry” school colors, home of the Red Raiders):

I am not abnormal methinks. When I worked I was a workaholic. I need something to do or I sorta go buggy. Doesn’t everyone?  Hobbies occupy many folks time.  Sports (Golf, bowling) keep some happy.  If Friend Lisa is climbing the walls, she may knit or crochet a space suit. Sherry will grab a book. Old Woody or Betty’s hubby will grab a guitar! Then there is Myra’s Tom, multitalented, musical and flies ‘em remote control planes. WOW, I could like that. Then there are the TV and movie watchers who are very satisfied at that.


                Me golfing!

Me I enjoy fixing something. I also used to be an extrovert. I loved grabbing a kid’s attention. Over the years I have enjoyed entertaining kids.  Sherry and I have traveled a lot for appointments. We have done that from Cuba to Canada. Of course we were never ‘famous’ but had a great time.


When my hearing went, so did the magic, drawing and ventriloquism.  I took up another hobby, writing. I published 11 books, but even before my sister’s death I hit a BLANK. No subjects jumped up and said, “Hey. What about this?”  I have had some subjects suggested, I have started two books (Don’t even know where they are) but somehow it must be the writer in me must be nudged. So far no nudging.  I want to write, it is good therapy for me. Definitely keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.

Anyway, what keeps you sane?  Maybe I’m assuming here. LOL

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:  If I have posted this before act like you don’t remember it.

7 comments:

yaya said...

If this is a repost I don't remember it but I've not been following you that long. Anyway, I love archery, gardening, reading, writing my blog, photography, and I'm sure there are a few I'm missing. Since I've only been retired a few months I'm still getting used to having time to do what I want. I fill my days up with many things but my boss has asked if I would like to come back to work PRN..that means I can say yes or no if I want to come in, no weekends or holidays. I said I would come back in late December or Jan. So I guess you could say work will be a new hobby for me! Ha! Thanks for your service on this Veteran's Day. You are a hero to me! Take care and hug that beautiful girl Sherry!

Mevely317 said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out to my hubby! The eye 'issues' he's experiencing have kept him grounded, but he still spends lots of time in his 'aircraft mechanic' shed (formerly Thrifty portable building). Wish I was able to regain the passion for reading I once had.

Please don't worry about your muse. Like a cat, she'll show up when you least expect it.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy 3 times Veteran Day - thank you.

betty said...

Happy Veteran's Day Jack! Thank you and Sherry for your service!! Thanks for the shout out to my hubby and his guitar playing :) I like to read and I follow too much social media; don't know if that keeps me sane though LOL :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope you are soon feeling better and can do some work. My dad was like that and loved to work. When he couldn't do what he wanted, he sorta gave up, but don't you do that. Your health and your muse for writing will return. Meanwhile you can make lists of things to do when you feel better. That should keep you busy for awhile. Love from Ohio. IT'S cold here and that is keeping me inside more and more.

boromax said...

Jack, you might consider turning your blog entries into a book (or two, or three). Seriously, it is such enjoyable reading, you could literally just publish them as they are.

Lisa said...

I’m late here but THANK YOU for your service Jack.
Hmmmm, knit a space unit? Don’t temp me. Hahaha. I am one of those that always has to be doing something. If I stop moving I will go to sleep. I get bored easily too.

Tell Sherry to check her Facebook messages.
Lisa