Saturday, May 22, 2021

One problem solved, I think.

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 1970 Citroen


For today:

Ok, I was just informed that we have an event planned around Father’s day, so I will have to plan on leaving a week earlier.  I think today I solved one of my major problems. The problem is the maintenance of my implant devices. These devices must be placed in a little device I call a ‘cooker’ each night to ensure no moisture is accumulating in the device.

I have ordered some small 5g Moisture Absorber Silica Gel Desiccant Packets to pack them in at night. And also to pack them in most of the day as I do the solo hike. I do plan to hike ‘stone deaf’ most of the time to save carrying so many batteries.



These Cochlear implants are wonderful in that they allow me to hear, but there are times I actually enjoy complete silence.  With the devices at times the sounds are overwhelming in that some voices still come across as ducks or mechanical sounds.

So anyway, I do have an idea how to protect them. I will e-mail my doctor to see if there is anything better.

 

Nite Shipslog.

5 comments:

betty said...

It sounds like your solution to keeping them dry could work, Jack! Good idea to check it out with your doctor too to see their suggestion/advice.

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best be well prepared.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Sounds like an excellent plan! I've never given much thought to those wee silica packs, and just pitch them in the nearest trash. Now my mind's spinning, imagining the possibilities.

Dar said...

The silica packs are genius. I would think they'd work fine. Rice would Not work like they do to dry out a wet cell phone. lol. I'm excited for you as you journey the mts. once again. I also enjoy complete silence. It's like seeing the angels among us. Most important tho, stay safe.
We are still getting gentle garden rains another day or so. Syrus graduated yesterday so it's official~! Pride is not a big enough word. It's hard to believe we have 3 grandloves graduating this year. May their futures be bright. I'll keep you posted.
loven'hugs from our wet north.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do hope your idea works. It would not be good to be by yourself on the trail totally deaf. Good to consult with the doctor, he may have a better idea.