Thursday, May 27, 2021

The 100 mile test run date has been rescheduled

Memorable Automobiles from The Past:
1970 Chrysler Dart
For today:

My plans are to attend church Sunday Morning and then Sherry will drive me to Hot Springs, NC to drop me off. That is about 150 miles, a 3 hour drive one way.  Jack Jr. will probably go with us if he is not working,

My pack is ready except for all the electronics. OH yeah, I was sort of disappointed with today’s mail. I ordered a solar charger. It arrived today, the sucker weighs just a little over a pound. That hurts. But on the brighter side, I now have the little humidity eating ‘silica packets.’

But I hope to use the phone to check what I will need on the long run, so I will figure it out.

I have been ‘exercising’ with the pack. The little trail I have around our acre is good practice. I did about a mile and a half for the past 2 days. The pack is heavy, but as my DI said on Parris Island “That rifle is mighty heavy, but after a while it will be light, very light!”  So I will get used to the pack or give up the whole idea.  I do hope it works out.

 

I am going to start walking thru the neighborhood. I will walk in the morning when most folks are at work. If I am questioned I will to say, “My wife said I should practice being homeless.”

 

Nite Shipslog.

BTW, My Doctor said my idea of the silica gel was as good as anyway to protect the devices.

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Good luck, Jack! 'Hope you don't run into any OLD women out there. 😉

betty said...

LOL about your comment about the wife and homeless :) Just be safe out there!

betty

Glenda said...

Here is wishing you all the best, a great time on the trail and a comeback story we will love!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best of luck. Bon voyage et au revoir.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you persevere and make the hike safely. Wishing you sunny days ahead and no rain to put a downer on things. Be safe and hope to hear from you soon.

Woody said...

Sounds Good you packing that Back Pack around and getting used to the weight and feel of it ! Just don't overdo it on weight ! I think that was a good Idea on the Charged, well worth the 1 pound weight ! Interesting following you along on this planned Hike ! You take care, sending down love from a frosty cold North Country, Gary an Anna Mae

Dar said...

Best of luck to you on your newest adventure. We can't to hear all about it. You'll have to write another book. We northerners wish you all the best. Stay safe, dry and take time to smell the wild roses. Dream of a thick tomato sandwich :).
loven'hugs from up north where it's going to freeze one more night and then we'll be good to plant the rest of our tender plants, like tomatoes. Yum

Dar said...

oops, We can't 'wait' to hear all about it.......