Friday, March 24, 2023

We washed and dried a small load of clothes today!!

 Some things seem unreal.  The water pump came in yesterday evening and we picked it up. We started first thing this morning. This is very hard to believe, but it took about two hours to get the Splendide  into the kitchen, 5 minutes to remove and install the little pump. Then two hours to reinstall the machine. 



I must admit that the reinstall did not take that long, part of the time was making a 30 inch screw driver.  Yep, you know the drain on a washer. It leaves the bottom of your washing machine, then the water is pumped up to a curved pipe that hangs into a larger drain pipe that is about even with the top of the machine. The screw driver was to secure that pipe. It had to be done from the front since it was under a cabinet top.  I reached behind the machine holding the screw driver in the screw and Sherry turned the driver to drive the screw, we make a good team.

Oh yeah and I had to drive to the hardware store for a new clamp for the Dryer vent. So all in all I guess it took about an hour to reinstall.  We found the receipt for the last time this was done. They installed a used part not a new pump.  The Bill was over $400. I bought a new pump for $135. So we saved at least $300, considering they used an old part. ;-).

This work is tough on an OLD MAN ! ;-),  I really do not mind the work, I have to be doing something.  But I can tell that some things get a little harder to do.

I do appreciate all the comments and concerns from family and readers. As you probably know, Sherry worries that I try to do to much.  I would guess that many of you reading, do too much, just don't like to admit it.

Nite Shipslog

PS: 

 I did this on this job, I had to go buy a clamp for the dryer that I got rid of 3 weeks ago (I will never need that)

However, I saved a piece of junk from our breakdown in Death Valley last year.

It was broken steel fuel line from our Diesel Engine..  It was perfect, to form  a hook, to help pull the Washer out of it's tight spot.

7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I may not understand all the steps, but I sure admire your get-r-done! Is this the fun part yet?

salemslot9 said...

Pippet is the dog in JAWS. 🦈
Happy for you.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Just for fun, I put washing up liquid for washing plates in the washing machine. There was so much lather and bubbles the pump could not cope to empty the washing machine. I got told off ... Some people have no sense of humour.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I had no doubt that you would get the job done. You save yourself a ton of money doing the work yourself. We've all gotten rid of things we wished we'd kept. You just never know when you'll need something. I've had to replace a lot here that I got rid of. What a bother, but when space is at a minimum we can't save everything. Hope you get to relax and rest awhile now and enjoy those clean clothes !

yaya said...

You lost me at the word INSTALL. However, I do know you know what's what and can get the job done. I know we all do too much because even though the body may say a certain age, the mind still says "Hey, I'm 30"! So do what you can do and if you over do it your body will scold you the next day. Might as well live life friend! Have a good time Jack and Sherry...the dynamic duo!

Chatty Crone said...

You amaze me - all the work you can do. I never know where you have landed. I feel so confused sometimes - but you keep on keeping on!

Lisa said...

Your amazing. I wish I had your energy.
I am bad about throwing things away. Nick on the other hand, will keep every bolt and screw he finds. Like you, He can always find a fix.
Lisa