Thursday, July 20, 2023

Busy

 I have found that even staying busy doesn't rest one's mind, but  it helps,  We still have the hammer hanging over our heads to know what the Florida courts will decide concerning a loved one next month.  This has been in the court system for over a year and a half.  I keep  hearing '  delays are a good sign for a defendant in the court system',  That may be so, but it keeps one in a quandary,

The house next door is now painted, I installed 'slap down flooring' in the wash room and kitchen. I had planned on moving the old carpet into the basement and garage, but after two weeks my girl determined NADA.  So I compromised, she suggested carpeting our picnic area. You would be surprised to know it turned out great.  We could never get grass under the trees, so now the dirt is covered at least.

The cats like it. LOL

We have been putting in 8-10 hours a day.  Yesterday was blind washing day. I figured an easy way to do them hanging them from our high back deck.

The carpet man is supposed to be here Wednesday.  He has been hard to pin down.

It is still 4 weeks before the next court date which is supposed to be the final one.  This has been the roughest year and a half of my life.


This is the first time I have took time to turn on to Bloggersville in days.  I hope to have time to catch up soon.  I appreciate you taking the time to read 'crying time', I appreciate it.


Thanks to you guys that take the time to mention us in prayer.

Nite Shipslog


 

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

so glad you let us know you're ok. Being your usual busy self is reassuring. I don't know if you could be happy without having a project or two to do. Waiting can be discouraging, but keep the faith that your patience will be worth waiting for. Nothing good every happens easily.

Mevely317 said...

Jack (and Sherry), it's wonderful to 'see' you again!
WAITING is the worst, isn't it? I feel that way every time one of us has to undergo medical tests. I have to make myself keep busy or I'll drive myself crazy imagining all the what-if's.

Please be assured we're here for y'all anytime you need a shoulder.

Susie said...

Jack, Praying for you and your family. I wonder if the courts ever have an idea of all the stress that goes along with many cases. Sounds like your busy time has been productive. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

I was glad to see you again - just to know you are okay.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for you all - as always.

enquiries@holyvisions.co.uk

God bless.

Woody said...

Sure was glad to see your Post, Had me a little worried, We have flown out to Oregon and will be here for a few, You 2 take care, sending Love from "Out West" ! Gary and Anna Mae !

yaya said...

I realized I've missed a few posts! I'm sorry I've been AWOL from blogging but just been busy like you guys but you seem to have outworked me! Ha! I do hope all turns out well with your family member and the courts. That's so stressful. Prayers for sure. One last thing. I noticed the post with the Caprice car and it brought back memories as we had one..a Caprice classic. What a tank that was! Loved it! Have a good week Jack and Sherry and don't over work...makes me look like a slacker!

Sheila Y said...

❤️❤️🙏🙏 Take care, Sheila

Lisa said...

Thanks for checking in. I miss your posts. Soon, things will be back to normal.

From hot NC
Lisa