Thursday, July 23, 2026

No one's phone rings anymore!


 Old songs! I remember many.  I sure enjoyed Ray Charles..

this entry has nothing to do with singing, BUT just old stuff.


Amazing how many phones there are, but few 'actually ring' anymore.  Times have changed and life goes on.  The things you remember from childhood will always be there.  If on a party line your house had a certain 'RING' for you to answer.  It might be one long ring or two short ones then combinations of those  when more homes were on the party line.


Of course kids (and maybe some adults, LOL) knew after the wring of another home KNEW someone was on the line and tried to pick up theirs as easy as they could, to eaves drop.  And more times than not, one of the active parties would, NOT SO CIVILY, say OKAY NOSEY,  GET OFF THE PHONE!  Now that of course is not experience, it is just what I heard from other kids! ;-)

And phone books?  Remember them?

Pay Phones?  For miliary troops and travelers they were GREAT for keeping in touch.

Now most of us have a 'cell phone'.  They are a great innovation.  They are sort of pacifiers,  but they are great while waiting in a dr. office (I see 90% of we who are waiting looking at their phones.)  Very seldom is it me, but I am the exception.  I do have one, but Sherry carries it, I do not do well on the phone.

At times I think it is too much, but that is what humans do.

The cell phone is a great invention, but some of us honestly over do it, of course.  Especially at traffic lights.  LOL

Nite Shipslog





1 comment:

Susan Kane said...

Our rural line was 2L1R. We also knew others' rings. Mom would recognize the person and would cut in to tell them something. Mom...