Friday, July 24, 2026

What you said and stuff, including Corn from Pennsylvania

Taken at Biloxi, Mississippi 1959, Me holding Jack Jr. on the left. He is now almost 68 yrs old....  I was an Airman at the time, Jack Landers on the right was a master Sergent in the USAF. This was a church group.

For this entry....

 WE had some rain, YEA! It was not enough to get us out of water use control.  But temps dropped from 100s in the daytime to 70 today!  Felt good.

I smile when I hear or read something someone says that rings my bell, later.  One I remember is 'Just wait, 10 years from now you will understand what I mean.'  That was from my super friend Sonny.  Boy was he right.  Towards the end of his life he had a tough time getting up from sitting or knelling.  Oh yeah was he ever right, I used to jump up from any position, now? I definitely need help.  It started at that 10 yr mark he talked about. LOL

Now I read things from some of you who write here:

MA  said concerning change:  I love our new technology, just wish it didn't change quite so often. LOL.

Man o man do we here agree with that.  Then about party lines.

Susan  said regarding party lines: Mom would break in on someone's call when she recognized the ring of a certain neighbor to tell a neighbor something,,,,  Shucks,  I had not thought of that, but that happened at our home also. Now think of that,  it was one of the earliest 3-way calls.  ;-)  All 3 parties could hear and talk to each other.

Now more stuff, 

 Who wouldathunk it?  Sherry and I just finished eating FRESH corn on the cob from Amish Country.  OH MAN, sweet corn,  


Our daughter (Actually a former daughter in law; YES we consider her our daughter, she is still a sweetheart.) just returned from Pennsylvania.  She came in the door bringing a bag of fresh veggies. She remembered us bragging on the fresh corn around Lancaster.

It wasn't long until two EARS were in the Microwave!

Also WE have some great friends here in Belmont and at church who have kept us in fresh veggies for weeks. I had just added tomatoes to our grocery list, NOW that will be crossed off because she had tomatoes in the bag also.

Enough for tonite....

Nite Shipslog



2 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Like your east coast, our west cost is roasting/baking in desert heat. 100 degrees for past 2 weeks. My daughter will be 51 in two weeks. I wonder if she thinks I did a good job when I was 51? Sweet corn sounds so good. I fell and broke out a front tooth, had major work and now I'm afraid to try out the sweetcorn.

Chatty Crone said...

You are making me want veggies so bad. We are kind of avoiding them for a couple weeks here in Georgia because of the something going on - I forgot the name. I am so glad you are getting good veggies. Sandie/Chatty Crone