Saturday, February 7, 2009

This and not much of that!

Never know, do you?
I love old barns, this is a beautiful one.
Today's very exciting entry.

Great, finally beautiful Florida weather. I assume you guys farther North must be seeing some kind of change.
WE even took a small jaunt out and about, stopped at two really large yard sales, Sherry found one book. It was good to get out.



We are proofing ‘Gracefully Grasping for Dignity’. Then we will be sending it off for another proof. This is a small book. I reread it last night. It took a little over two hours, but I read fast. I tried to make it a fun book to read along with the serious side. I am trying to include the input you guys have sent. If anything comes in today, I can probably get it in. Every bit of personal knowledge of senior problems or senior happy moments is appreciated.
Did you know there are still some seniors who have buried their money and they are still alive. Hopefully these folks will realize before going that they need to either: dig it up and spend it, or tell someone they love where it is. Our generation is a stubborn one. We have survived a lot of things with our inner and outer strength. Now, as I say in the book it is time to realize, that is in the past.
One of the yard sales today had some model cars, brought back memories of Shirl’s giant Yard sale. She sure sold some models and full size collectables.



Everyone enjoy this weather, and get out and do a sun dance.
Take care and thanks for stopping by for this trivia at the shipslog.
Nite Shipslog
PS:
ARTISTRY OF INSULTS.


(When Insults Had Class (no 4-letter words!!) These glorious insults are from an era when cleverness with words was still valued, before a great portion of the English language got boiled down to 4-letter words, not to mention waving middle fingers.)




The exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor: She said, "If you were my husband I'd give you poison," and he said, "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."




A Member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease." "That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."




"He had delusions of adequacy." - Walter Kerr

9 comments:

Rose said...

Great entry! I happen to know of an old family member that buried his cash in the backyard! You are right...they have to let some close relative know where the goods are! LOL

I knew a fireman that was about to sell his mother's home after she passed away. He had after thoughts an decided to remodel the home and keep it. While knocking down a wall for an open space look in the kitchen...low and behold, there was a few thousand dollars that his mother had buried away in the walls and never told anyone!

Hugs, Rose

Helen said...

I love old barns.
I knew an older couple once where the husband was afraid to use banks. He had a board in their house that he moved and stuffed money in the walls. One day the house burned down and there went their life savings up in smoke. Helen

Paula said...

I love the old barns too. My Mama buried some tin type pictures. She offered them to each of us kids and we all told her to keep them. Much later she told us she had buried them. She knew they were relatives but didn't know who they were. Wish I had them now.

betty said...

thanks Jack for telling me Rags is on the way! looking forward to reading/reviewing it!

glad it warmed up your way and you guys got a chance to get out and enjoy some yard sales!!

betty

Anonymous said...

today was beautiful here in KY...cloudy and overcast at times...very windy...but sunny too...watched grandson play final in basketball...always a good time..and then we took a lot of books to the "half price bookstore"...got my money and spent half of it on books again...will I ever learn??? probably not...but I do enjoy my books...happy day to ya...hugs...Ora

shirl72 said...

Glad you are having good weather. We are in the
60's. Hope your book will be helpful to all
Senior Citizens. An older couple that lived beside Jim's Mother sold their house and had put money in the attic. The people that moved in found it I think it was about $5,000. They kept it and just said Thank you Lord.

Jean said...

Jack do I have to tell my children where I buried all my money? No!!!Way!!!. lol lol. Just kidding. I had an older neighbor she has passed on now she hid money in her house she would hide it and forget where she put it. Lol. That would be my kind of luck, I hope her children found it all. You take care, jean

Lucy said...

You are definately a distraction. I am so caught up in "Sticky" I did not even get back on the puter yesterday. Lovely daY yesterday but ours will be changing to cooler, unheard of rain in Febr. here and wind but it is better. There is hope. Of course you know I want the book on aging. At 79 maybe it caN TEACH ME SOMETHING to improve on. Lucy

Terri said...

Glad you got out and enjoyed a couple yard sales...I am jealous I am ready to go to some myself...

I am on the phone with Mom...she says Hello and she misses ya'll...I told her I ordered she and I "Rags"...she can't wait to read it, nor can I..

I LOVE the pic below of Sherry and her brother in the wagon....that is pricelss!

Hugs
Terri