Saturday, June 26, 2010

Where is the scapel?

We have been having a little problem with one of the Air conditioners. It was drawing too much current and kicking the campground breaker. I know next to nothing about a/c, but I know motors, a little elec, and how to unbutton and undress an a/c.

Up on the roof I go. Rip the covers off, nothing obvious except the coils are too dirty. With Sherry’s help we got the vacuum cleaner up on top of the motor home. I had to ‘make ‘a brush to clean the tight spots. It worked. I oiled the motor and that was all I could do.
Sherry knows the controls inside, I don’t. She started the front a/c and it seemed to work better. I made a command decision to unbutton the back a/c and clean it, since the stuff was all up on the roof. It was not in as bad a shape as the front but I cleaned it and buttoned it back up.



Everything came down, the breaker did not kick. We put all the tools and equipt. Up.
Then “Hey sweetheart did you see the little brush I made?”
“I don’t think so.”
Like the surgeon who leaves something inside and sews you back up, I looked at the roof. You don’t think I left that brush on the inside of the a/c do you? Could have. I climbed up to look on the roof just to make sure I hadn’t left it lying around. NOPE!

I decided to climb up and undress the a/c again to get the brush. Oh wait, let me check one more place. Behind the washer and dryer where the vacuum hose is kept. OH HO! There it was looking lost and glad I had found it. Me too! Sometimes things actually work out the right way!
(LONDON - As many as 722 objects were said to have been left inside patients in 2008 alone, courtesy careless medical staff and botched operations.)

So now both a/c’s are cleaned and I hope work another few years.
Thanks for coming by the log,
Nite Shipslog
(The following is a public service announcement)

PS:
A friend was nursing her baby, her cousin's six-year-old daughter, Krissy, came into the room. Never having seen anyone breast feed before, she was intrigued and full of all kinds of questions about what was being done. After mulling over the answers, she remarked,


'My mom has some of those, but I don't think she knows how to use them.'

Let that be a lesson to your girls! (Some boys need to know the real purpose here, also!)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CURIOUS CHILDREN USUALLY GROW UP TO BE INTELLIGENT. sam

Paula said...

You make me feel I should go clean some filters.

Sheila Y said...

You are pretty handy, glad you found the brush without having to open the 'patient' back up. Have a great weekend, Sheila

Dar said...

LOL...thanks for the chuckles...like my Daddy said, Laughter really IS the best medicine, after reading a good mother-in-law joke., then he died. You really did make me chuckle.
Glad you got the a/c fixed without a cats-as-trophe. Coulda been bad.
Some boys? or You?...LOL
BlessYourHeart,
BlessSherryLOL

Anonymous said...

What a nice entry, pure life indeed. Far too many times while building a capboard or alike together, afterwards there were always two, three screws left over, wondering where they should have gone to.
With regard to the second part, one was able to see that in public a few days ago on the main shopping street over here. Surely a sight which left me a bit breathless, after giving some money to her and the child.
Sending you a wonderful Sunday.

shirl72 said...

Glad you found the brush and got the a/c cleaned.
Can't live without a/c 95 here today.

betty said...

hoping you guys are enjoying the nice cool AC air!! good thinking to retrace your steps to see where that brush was and that you were able to find it. I type many of operative report where the physician verifies that the needle, instrument and sponge counts were correct; I can only hope they didn't get distracted as they counted :)

stay cool!

betty