Friday, June 25, 2010

Wedding preparations and doctors!

So, What are you going to wear? (Is the question I heard)
Is it really important? (YES!)
I have a new suit I bought in 1982 or a blazer I bought in 1976, either sounds good to me. (You what?)
Am I missing something here? I have a perfectly good suit. It is probably 20 years newer than Sam’s, out in Colorado. It looks great. (Sam won’t be here!)
How do you know Sam won’t be here? (Does it still fit?)
Does what still fit? (The suit?)
Sure, if I can lose five or six pounds real quick, how long do I have? (Two weeks)
No Problem, ½ pound a day should do it.
Why do I hear,( hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!)


Hey Log, DID I TELL YOU WE HAVE A WEDDING TO ATTEND?
My question, what does anyone expect of a grandpa? NOTHING! HE IS OLD, HE IS COOL, A LITTLE SENILE AND THEY WILL BE GLAD IF HE IS ABLE TO SHOW UP. Who cares what he wears? Everyone is supposed to be looking at the Bride and Groom, I don’t want to out shine them, if I did I would wear my Elvis leisure suit and blue suede shoes, talking about cool!!!!!
So now you know we are ready for the Wedding. Sherry picked the prettiest pair of shoes out of 8,000+ designs.


Okay here is the skinny about Doctors:

Okay, the results of the medical visits.
First Sherry’s: Same-old Same-old. Dr. Locklear says everything looks good! (I tell her that every night, why does she need a second opinion?)


Mine: First they did the ultra sound, because? Well, just because ‘ we do it for some things we suspect, and sometimes because of a patient’s extended age.’ So why mine? (She says it is the age thing, has nothing to do with pregnancy!) WHEW!


Blood work. Test showed it was red. The Tri- (things)= good, sugar= good, HDL=good, LDL=nearly very bad, total 237. That number sounded good to me, that was my score on qualification day, using a United States rifle M1, caliber 30, clip fed, gas operated shoulder weapon and I got the expert marksmanship medal. Gotta be a good number!

Paperwork says no Jack that ain’t good. SOOOOOOOOOOO? I do not know yet. I am still thinking. But remember those triglyceride things are good!

So, I ask, why haven’t I heard from y’all? I looked at the address they were using, half of it is gone, that is why I haven’t heard. The nice lady fixed it (I think).
Thanks for coming by the log.

Nite Shipslog
PS:
George Carlin said it best about Martha Stewart,

"Boy, I feel a lot safer now that she's behind bars. O. J. Simpson and Kobe Bryant are still walking around; Osama Bin Laden too, but they take the ONE woman in America willing to cook, clean, and work in the yard, and they haul her off to jail."



10 comments:

shirl72 said...

I am having the same problem. What to wear.
Closet full of clothes and shoes but nothing
to wear. Then we have the reception. I will
want to change clothes before we go for dining
and dancing. Need to get busy and work on this
problem.

Shirl

Lindie said...

Loved George Carlin and how his mind worked! You need to have more olive oil in your diet!

Anonymous said...

What a nice reminder that it is the inside that counts. Please have a wonderful start into the weekend.

Paula said...

The new suit and blazer are probably back in style now. They are going to be looking at your pretty lady anyway. Hope you show us a picture of you two all dressed up.

betty said...

oh oh with the LDL, Jack!! red yeast rice is supposed to be good for lowering stuff. I'm sure whatever you choose to wear to the wedding, again you and Sherry will be a mighty fine looking couple!

betty

Fred Alton said...

Jack, get dressed up for that wedding. That blazer will fit very nicely with any pair of blue-jeans you happen to have! ☻ I love the African way - "the OLD man can do whatever he wants to do...No questions asked." That LDL thing...Frances calls that "Low Down" or bad Cholesterol. Keep watch on it and follow the good recommendations of the doctor and of Sherry. (Of course you have permission to forget anything doc says that's not a good recommendation as long as Sherry agrees)!

Glenda said...

So would you tell us when is the big Wedding Day?
And do we get a preview photo of the ancient suit, if that's the case ask your photographer if she'll take one of you in the Elvis leisure outfit. I was in 3rd grade when "Return to Sender" became a hit and I'd love to go back in time!!! It's a trip just reading this blog, one never can guess what' coming next :]

Lucy said...

If Joe had to dress up for a wedding we would be in trouble. In fact if both of us had to dress up we would be in trouble. Now on a serious note, since you have heart problems that run in the family you really do need to get that under control. I am surprised that you would have that problem cause you look like you eat pretty healthy, Oh yeagh I forgot about the lobster rolls and so forth I have heard you speak of.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Hey Guys....
My LDL is OK...but...MY HDL is too low...Dr keeps telling me to get more exercise...i'd rather eat more ice cream...LOL!!!!

Love George......Enjoy

Dar said...

Weddings are supposed to be fun, even for a granddad, so , I double dog dare you to wear the Elvis leisure suit at least to part of the reception, maybe after everyone has their boots full...the kids will either loveit or ask you to leave. BUT, for the actual wedding, look compfy but respectable, for petesake...Sherry will loveya no matter what.
Take care of yourself...lots of advise out there but putting it into practice is the tough part. Your numbers are better than mine, if that makes you feel any better.
Have a great weekend my friends and
BlessYourHearts