Sunday, December 10, 2017

Something we have never experienced, BUT We know one of us will!




Sherry and I have been blessed to meet some wonderful folk we were introduced to on the internet. I regret we reached ‘OLD’ before we experienced the pleasure of seeing bloggers in person.

Several ladies we are close to have lost good husbands. My sisters Shirl & Kat, Pauline, MA and more have lost good men and miss them. Fortunately Sherry and I still have each other.  We certainly try to APPRECIATE IT. Can we understand deeply what it means to lose someone this close? NO, I can try to imagine it, but I know I come up short.

We were fortunate to live in Biloxi, Mississippi once. We met a lot of friends. A few years ago some of the folk decided to have a reunion. Looking at the map, the trip took us close to Opp, Alabama.  “Hey,” says I, “We might be able to stop and buy Jean and Grover dinner.”  I arranged it and we met. 



When I first met Jean on the net I did not know she was really Sybil. So I still know her as Jean. WE had a good time Grover was very quiet, but also very friendly. Now Sybil? She was just what she is on the blog. 

I bet her grands and children call her Super-Woman. You have to love her blog entries. And ACTIVE isn't the word! This girl washes cars & trucks, changes the hard drive in her computer, cuts grass, cuts trees down to save her cat and made sure Grover got to the doctor. And then at home made sure he was comfortable and had his meds.  All the time making sure there was a meal, and keeping the pets in line.  All this while enduring her own physical problems, but her problems took the back seat to Grover.

She lost her Grover a few days ago. I don’t know what to say, except we love her. We pray that HE will comfort her. I cannot imagine the loneliness of the home after a partner of many years takes the last voyage. Several of you do.

We can know the feelings Sheila is experiencing, Sherry and I have lost our dads.

Fair winds and following seas to Friend Grover. Peace to our dear friend and lovely lady Sybil, known to us a Jean of Opp. We love you lady. Money couldn’t have bought any better care for Grover in his life and especially in his last days.


She is such a woman that her children will call her BLESSED, Wonderful, the best!

 
Nite Shipslog

Tonight’s Historical photo:


 You have to see it to appreciate it. This is India's first space satellite being transported  for deliver to the launch site by ox and wagon. What a contrast!

And words from the Farmer:

LIVE A GOOD AND HONORABLE LIFE, THEN WHEN
YOU GET OLDER AND THINK BACK, YOU'LL
ENJOY IT A SECOND TIME.

9 comments:

Sheila Y said...

Thank you Jack for a wonderful tribute. She is definitely a super woman. Thankfully all his children were here before he passed. We will miss him very much. I am staying until after New Years. One last thing, we are moving to Lake City, Florida.
Love you two might Sheila

Sheila Y said...

That'might'was supposed to be a comma
Sheila

Chatty Crone said...

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Paula said...

I too thought her name is Jean. I always enjoyed reading her blog and about all the things she did. I wish her the best and her family too.

betty said...

Sad to lose a spouse and the family a dad, as well as the many friends he left behind. Great memories carry us through difficult days ahead like they'll be facing.

betty

Lisa said...

She sounds like a strong woman. Sad to hear of the passing of her sweet husband and a friend of yours. Im glad you all were able to meet up for dinner. Great looking bunch!

Headin to work
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for the news, however sad it is. I have followed Jean's blog for several years and yes she is quite a lady. Thoughts and prayers will be going up for both her and her family.

TARYTERRE said...

I'm passing along my deepest sympathy for Jean of Opp. It is sad to lose a loved one at this time of year.

Mevely317 said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Grover's passing ... particularly this time of year. But how blessed you were to know him, even for a little while.