Sunday, December 10, 2017

The book Jack forgot



Historical photo:
 Napoleon of the Chimps, 1915
*******   *********    ****
Yesterday after I posted about book titles I was going thru my saved documents looking for some family history.Today I wanted to save some important files from the computer to a thumb drive, in case this system would die. There was a large file labeled “The Jack and Sherry Darnell Family”, so I opened it. I noticed the last time it had been opened was over 2 years ago.
It IS a book of our lives, WHAT? It is 256 pages of #12 print. Imma thinking, when did I do this? For some reason I noted ‘Paula got a ticket down in Texas’, I do remember Paula blogging about getting a traffic ticket.  Note to ask Pauline when that was, hahaha
On further notes I read, 'this is for our family if they are ever curious about our lives.Now it is coming back to me. I was thinking of the things I should have asked my parents about their lives before it was too late. So I started that book to lessen the  chance of that happening to our boys. I had forgotten all about the book.

At all times I have a couple books started, I lose interest or inspiration and nothing comes up to get me back to the manuscript. Presently there is sort of a history book and a dog book. AND NOW I know I also have a book that is ready for a title. It might be: “This Crazy Family” or “Look What Sherry Did” or “The Head of this Family ain’t Right!” 

Well now my interest is certainly rekindled, so I need to get back to that book and finish it. Maybe I can do that while here near Disney!

 Nite Shipslog

          PS2: Wisdom from the Farmer:
DON'T JUDGE FOLKS BY THEIR RELATIVES.
*******  *****************  ************
 The early 30's cars will always be favorites of mine but I
  never owned one.

7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What a neat find! ... waiting for just the right moment to reappear. I can 'hear' the enthusiasm in your words, Jack.

Boy, I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to kick myself for not asking more questions of my parents. 'Guess I thought they'd never really go away.

Paula said...

I can't recall what year it was I got my speeding ticket but you can bet I slow down when I drive through that area usually with another car on my tail.

betty said...

I think its great to write such a book like that, Jack. I know I have unanswered questions about my mom, my early growing up years, etc. Writing things down in case someone is interested is a good thing!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

So Jack what kind of things did you write down for them?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful! I should take a cue from you and find out if there is something my children would like to know. We think we tell the stories over and over, but I may have left out some info important to them. Writing it all down would not be easy and my memory isn't what it used to be. I'm know for a fact that my sister remembers things that I don't. Good idea to make a copy. Something like that would hard to redo.

Dar said...

My memory is great but it's very, very short. I need to follow your example, just in case the kids want to know..........we retain what interests us at the time but it's still a great idea to write it down somewhere before we loose it all together.
love n' hugs from up north where we're ' chillin' '

TARYTERRE said...

the perfect story to be told and you the perfect storyteller to tell it.