Thursday, December 14, 2017

Them danged rules!



The Historical picture of the day:
 A navigational Hot Line in 1963, before GPS and google maps.

Rules:
Rules are not for everyone. Loose dogs, parking illegally in front of the bank, post office, grocery store, ‘Just for a minute’.
Then the highway construction site that says ‘merge left.’ So YOU do, but 2000 cars speed down the right lane and force their way in front of you!
When you are a rule follower, the rule breakers bug you. Every RV Park has a ‘strict’ rule, EVERY pet must be on a leash, fastened in a buggy or in your arms. But walking in the last nice park in KIssimmee we saw several small  dogs loose, one was a little nipper. BUT it especially bothers me to see a large  pit bull under voice control.
Are there any rule breakers that bug you?

Nite Shipslog

 LIFE FROM THE SEAT OF A TRACTOR ---
AN OLD FARMER'S WORDS OF WISDOM:
REMEMBER THAT SILENCE IS SOMETIMES THE BEST ANSWER.
*************
Th     Those 30's cars were great restored or customized. This one is both. 

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Sometimes I think I'm the only one in our little neighborhood who pays attention to stop signs. I get soooo cross. Ya, and I suppose the cops have bigger fish to try.

TOTALLY! ... What you said about those who don't merge left until the last minute. A few years ago I saw a photo on line of this exact scenario on a freeway: Several 18-wheelers took it upon themselves to straddle BOTH lanes - in effect blocking anyone who thought about running up to the front of the line. Brilliant!

Lisa said...

Ok Jack Dont get me started. I think a lot of rules are broken when it comes to dogs. I love the little sweet things but my word! It bugs me when people bring pets into stores. Another thing that bugs me is, In the RV park we stay at, golf carts are not allowed unless your handicap. Well it bugs me when I see way too many driving around in the park by kids (of the handicap people). Its getting worst and worst and they will run all over ya! New management is not enforcing it.

Nite
Lisa

betty said...

Dogs not on a leash are a big bother of me too. Not putting on a blinker when you are turning is another one that drives me crazy :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It bugs me that so many people think they can make their own rules anymore. If you dare say anything about it...then you are in the wrong. Such a crazy world! Thank goodness there are still some that follow the rules, what mayhem it would be without them.

shirl72 said...

I just got around getting on my computer. I don't know where the time goes.
It may be age or to much going on. I will catch up when things settle down. It could be we slow down with time.

Chatty Crone said...

You may be surprised (doubt it) but I like to follow rules. I am known here as Duddly Do Right - remember him? My other three family members think rules are made to broken. It is just so easy to follow rules and things go so smoothly. And the reverse is true to the others! lol lol
sandie

Paula said...

Amen to Chatty Crone. John tries to walk every morning in our neighborhood and the little nipper dogs are always out. My beef is people who don't put the grocery carts in the cart corral and many times leave them in a parking space. It takes so little effort to do it correctly.

TARYTERRE said...

the little nipper dogs are always out in our neighborhood, though there are no rules here about them.