Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Still fishing, not sure the bait is right! LOL


Historical Photo:
 Charlie Chaplain and Einstein

today! 
Our home behind Shirl:
 This is the view from our picture window (windshield) to the left.
 To the right
Straight ahead. There is only one swing,  when I built this place 22 years ago I made and installed were 3 swings. We love to swing and talk. (this place is in town, but it fells country)

I really don’t intend to come across a bragging, but  I am. We have previously faced some personal and family problems. Probably not much different than some of you. Like many families we have endured our son’s divorces and addictions. We have seen death too many times, those of both our parents and siblings. Sherry’s family 6 losses, my family 5.

We have handled them. Not always gracefully maybe, but we made it thru.

This trip at home is much different than I had ‘viewed from a distance.’ Since being here we have spent time with my sister Shirl at home and in the hospital. Many Dr’s appointments, taking care of sister’s finances while handling Motor home repairs, cutting grass and plumbing a house for our grandson.
The youngest Grandson bought his first house, he is 22 years old. He bought a mill house that had belonged to the local ‘Hell’s Angels Chapter.’ We have cleaned the back yard. (That doesn’t even come close to saying what we have done there). We cut thru 30 years of ‘vine growth’ (Poison Ivy, morning glory, weeds and Sumac). So far 18 huge construction plastic bags full. (18 bags that the city refused to pick up because some residue besides yard waste was in the bags. We are working on sorting that out). But at least you can finally see the ground.

We are doing that work because Luke is the youngest and is a very hard worker himself. He saved enough money to buy the house and he is only 22 years old.

Our son Mark, his dad, keeps the road hot from Florida to NC to help his son succeed in his project. Friend Evelyn says Mark’s address is I-95. 

But we are proud of them all. Matt, his older brother, is also helping him (hanging drywall etc).
 (This concrete block and asphalt cover hides the sewer system for the motor home.)

I am a few months past 79. During this time  here I also installed the sewer system for the motor home. The Skylight is replaced, the windshield wiper and ignition switch on the coach are replaced.

We are still reading blogs. Thank you guys that take the time to read this blog.

Nite Shipslog

North Carolina facts (since we are here  I am looking forward to the time I can cover the states as I initially planned)
1.    Beech Mountain is Eastern America's highest town at 5,506ft above sea level.
2.    Andrew Jackson, seventh President of the United States, was born in the Waxsaw area on the border of North and South Carolina.
3.    Arnold Palmer recognized as the player whose aggressive play and winning personality raised golf to national attention, honed his skills on the championship golf team of Wake Forest University.
4.    James K. Polk, born in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, was the eleventh President of the United States.
5.    Hiram Rhoades Revels, born in Fayetteville in 1822, was the first African-American member of the United States Congress.

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You really have done a lot since your arrival. Lots still to do and much done, but I'm thinking you are happy cause you're helping others. A lot ! What ever bait you are using seems to be working to me...you've accomplished a lot in a short time. Take good care and don't work too hard. Love to you both from soggy Ohio!

betty said...

You make me tired just reading all you have accomplished in your time in North Carolina! Congrats to Luke for being a home owner so young! What a fine accomplishment! It is good too that others are helping him get settled into it by doing what needs to be done! Such a beautiful view you have with where your motor home is parked!

betty

Lisa said...

Wow you are busy! I admire your dedication to your sister, your kids and Sherry. You are a great man and that grandson of yours is somethin else! Im sure you are a big inspiration to him. Yall did good.
Hugs from over here,
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

Flabbergasted! That, and I'm 'bushed' just reading all you've accomplished! (Well, Sherry, too!) Considering Luke's new home once belonged to the Hell's Angels, I'm a little surprised the vine growth didn't include a few 'recreational' plants. :)

While you're busy taking care of loved ones, please take good care of yourself, too! OK? Great hearing from you, Jack!

Love from soggy 'Bama,
Myra and Tom


Glenda said...

Thought I was tired until I read this post, and oh WOW!!! You to are amazing!!! Like Mevely, I am FLABBERGASTED!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with the others - you are working so hard. Hope you are taking time for yourself and Sherry. Hope it is nice to be home too.

TARYTERRE said...

you have a busy schedule with lots of hard work. hang in there.

Woody said...

You sure do stay Busy, I get tired reading your Posts !!!! Hope things are going Great for you and your Homey ! Take Care!!!!!!

Paula said...

A homeowner so young is something to be proud of. I'll bet he sure appreciates your and everyone's help. Hope Shirl is doing well as she can. We went riding on a country road today and John got so nervous that I couldn't find my way back. When we got back to town I had to buy him a banana split. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.