Saturday, October 27, 2018

Life (not 101)



Cars of beauty and art:
 1954 Packard Panther

Now:
My sweetheart says, “Have you put your blog on?”
 “Yes but there is nothing to it, just our lives.”
“Well just our lives is okay, I’m happy.”
Maybe so, but I enjoy the blogs I read. Philosophy, fun, encouragement, exciting things like ‘REAL’ weight loss, famous ancestors and a life generated from a secret ‘town’ that required a clearance to enter. I like Rick’s ‘A’ frame house you can put a tree in.

Our lives are just different. I DO NOT envy anyone’s lives.  But I sure enjoy reading about them.  Sherry comments TO ME (as she sits across the table on her computer) “I am reminded, we need an oil change in the toad, Dar just mentioned an oil change in her and Bill’s Pickup on her post.”

 Yeah, my Sherry is a lurker on all your blogs she VERY seldom comments, leaves that up to me.

We are nearing decision time. She was reading Woody’s blog and mentioned he looks great with the weight loss.  So many of you guys I would like to meet. I realize at the 80 year mark of our lives, travel is limited.  I still want to see Rondout Valley, NY again.  I want to see the desert and even the lights of Las Vegas. There are some very sweet people in Utah I want to hug again. Shoot, I even want to drive back up to Alaska.

I say all that, and there are people that comment here who know Sherry’s hometown of Belmont intimately and I haven’t even met them. I want to correct that in the spring. We gotta meet that pretty Lisa and Saint Nick (her love).

Since I don’t have anything to say, Imma gonna stop!
Nite Shipslog

10 comments:

Rick Watson said...

You better holler at us if y’all come through Alabama. We’ll buy you a co-cola:)
There are a lot of places we still want to go too.
R

Lisa said...

And I just read that aloud to my St. Nick. Haha. Yes, we do need to meet sometime. Im surprised I havent ran into you and Sherry while out and about. I might have even ran a 5k race past your neighborhood.
I was impressed at Ricks A frame home too. I was wondering how he got those trees in the doors but they look lovely inside.
I have made lots of blogging friends....But I DO envy some of them sometimes. Haha.

Until we meet
Lisa

Jackie said...

To come to your blog and feel the dedication, the liveliness, and the love here....sigh. That is happiness to me!
I send you both another great big hug from South Georgia!! Love you both.
Jackie

TARYTERRE said...

so many places to visit and see. you can't do it all. just as many as you can.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

There are so many wonderful places to see and people too. Hope where ever you decide to go it will be fun. Your Sherry is a treasure and even though she is a lurker, I can't help but think of her whenever you post. She seems to always be a part of whatever you are doing. Wishing happy trails to you both!

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful post, Jack. There are bloggers I would love to meet, too. You and Sherry are such a YOUNG 80ish that I think you will have lots more years to do plenty of things.

I hope you have a blessed, wonderful week- xo Diana

betty said...

I just typed a report of a person in their 90s who had returned from a trip overseas. You and Sherry got lots of travel days ahead!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Love how, once again, you've verbalized what I'm thinking! Non-bloggers may not 'get' it, but I often get more enjoyment out of reading my friends' accounts than I do a Patterson novel!

Dar said...

Travel as long as your bodies and hearts allow you to, Jack and Sherry. You are fortunate to be the ' young 80's ' as NanaDiana referred. Mom, at 89, still drives herself to church and us kids places sometimes. I love she's like you guys that way. She keeps her mind sharp playing some pretty wicked Smear, Tricks, and Gin13. We can hardly keep up with her. LOL I keep saying I'm getting back to blogging but then, it isn't officially ' winter ' yet~lol.
love n' hugs from up north where we just packed a hog for the freezer..we are blessed!

Chatty Crone said...

Well I would decide one trip or one neighborhood at a time - little pictures. You have a lot of friends and world out there left to see!