Saturday, October 9, 2021

Circular drive & Ouch AGAIN!

 Car of the day:

This is the last of the concept cars of today I could find. Is this one crazy? and it is a Rolls. Not sure how much rubber meets the road?


For today:

I have always wanted a circular drive, but I have never built with one at our house. This house has two drives but it is entrances from two streets. 

But we now have a drive thru storage area. LOL

Since I enclosed the area under the back deck I have regretted not making it a drive thru. So I finally decided to do the deed.  My back is telling me I have over did and is telling me again, but NOT LIKE, or as loud as before. All it needs now is a little rest and I have promised it I will take it easy.

 

This is the side door

I had to modify both entrances. Opening this one 3 inches to make the driving in to be not too exact.

 

This one in the back I cut the Wall back 16 inches and hinged it. On first look when it is closed it looks no different. But you can see the hinges to the left of the door.




 

But when open it is 50 inches and easy to drive in or out. But the idea is to drive straight thru, especially with the kid’s trailer behind.

 

Looking from the side door to the back door you  can see I can drive right thru now.

The real work was the newest ramp, I wanted to be cute so I did it at a 15 degree angle, adding more work than I thought. I had to move the trash container also, but it all worked out well. We can stand on the deck, raise the lid with a line and drop the bagged trash down into it, neither of us has missed yet. LOL

 

DIL Corinne driving 2 and 3 of the kids around. I have up graded (or down graded) to a smaller train engine to make it easier to drive. It is still a John Deere)




Now I can store all the lawn mowers and the kids riding rig. Without having to jockey them around to get out and in. They can drive it right into the station to park it.

HOWEVER........Now my back and my caring wife are not happy with me. At least she is sweet. ;-)

  

NiteShipslog

PS:  

4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Oh Jack, you didn't?!
This is nothing less than BRILLIANT -- but I, too, would be cross. And no, I'm not going to show this to Tom and give him any more ideas. LOL.

PS - Take it from the man, nothing works on back pain like Tylenol 850mg. (arthritis) ... with a tidge of Voltaren.

Gary Wood said...

What a Great Job, I love being able to drive into the Garage and thru it to the outside from the back of the Garage ! It looks very nicely Done and it looks like it is being used and enjoyed ! You 2 take care, sending down Love from warm, sunny Northern New York, Gary and Anna Mae

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You are very clever and hard-working. But you should take it easy and take care.

Clever idea about the trash bin. I wish I could get a way of having our trash containers go out to be emptied by themselves.

God bless. Wishing you all happiness always.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You just never stop making improvements there. That was a lot of work. No wonder your back is complaining. Make sure to rest up now and take it a bit easier in the future. Some might say, try to act your age. Ha!