Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Update and This and that

 One of a kind:

 I do not have this much imagination.....

(Susie at SheJunks, see PS)

Today’s Wisdom(?)  LOL :  

(ref last blog entry) I just heard from friends about a recent costume party:

Above in costume is Willie Nelson and The Wicked Witch alias friends Buddy & Di. Dianne is fairly quiet and only casts spells, BUT I betcha Willie even sang for all. Thanks for the input!

(The guy on the right was too tired to go!)

The ‘Red Hat’ that I and someone has been moving around here in a county park has disappeared. I guess that little past time is gone.

I am coughing less, thank goodness.

I found another ‘dying’ Cotton Mouth Moccasin on that trail on my last walk. It sure causes me to wonder??? Believe me none of these sightings have been dangerous, it is just so odd.

BTW I am now carrying about 23-25 lbs in the back pack. That is th weight I hope to have  for the thru-hike. I am going to make my long pack-on walks (4-5 miles) on Mon, Wed and Fri. I have also slowed down some.

Feeding that Synovial Membrane that lubs the bone joints in the body takes: olive oil, dark leafy veggies, onions, garlic, Omega-3 fatty acids (Salmon for me), green tea and nuts.  I am doing what I can to boost mine.

Songs:

Jack Jr. was here in the motor home when I was putting ‘Dean Martin’ on a recent blog. He came in today singing it and said, “Dad you planted that in my mind and it won’t leave.”

Truthfully I have been singing it myself. A few songs come to mind when I think of our dating and smooching days. Sherry mentioned one today by Tony Bennett, “I know I’d Go From Rags to Riches!”


(Just a little different version)

I know YOU ALL can remember those days when you held that someone special and time just floated by.  What song do you REALLY remember? I KNOW there must be ONE!!

Nite Shipslog

PS: Susie,  we were thrilled to see the alert. Love the entry and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. YOu are not the only one needing a techy nerd. I could not comment of 'She Junks.'  Will keep trying to fix this mess I am in. LOL 

.

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have no trouble commenting on blogs but some have to be as anonymous. I think we just have to remember to use a name so they know who it is. Glad you are doing better and regaining your strength. Taking it a little slower is a good thing. You don't want to do any harm to what's been healed. Take good care!

Mevely317 said...

Thanks for these updates, Jack! Yum, on the salmon!
I'm smiling at JJ getting that song stuck in his head; that happens to me all the time. As a matter of fact, all I had to do was read "Rags to Riches" and it started playing in my brain. Offhand I can't think of any one special song ... probably something by Chad and Jeremy.

PS - If I could go on any game show, past or present, it would be 'Don't Forget the Lyrics.' How about you?

Chatty Crone said...

Glad you are coughing less and eating so good. Funning thing is when you comment on mine I don't get a copy - but I always go back and check! Thanks.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The guy on the right did not go to the party because he had no body to dance with.

A good song with memories for me is "Without you" by Harry Nillson. See the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sVN3RuLyfI

God bless.