Monday, May 20, 2024

Iowa, home-state of Corporal Virgil Jensen of Kirkman.

 

Pic of the day:

Note: Gas today in Iowa, $2.95 9/10 per gallon.

From The state of Iowa:

I mentioned Virg in the title. I met him on Parris Island and we spent my whole tour in the USMC with him. He was from a farm in Kirkman. We all envied his 1955 red/white Ford Victoria. I tried to locate Virg and never did find him. But with the inter net and heading back to Iowa I tried again. Sadly I learned Virgil lived a good life but passed away a few years ago.

Of course we met many people from different states in the military.  Amazing to me how many Men and Women from Pennsylvania join the military. WE keep in contract with a couple. Dan from the USN and Dallas from the USMC, both fine family men and men wo love their country.

Those not clear items on the side of the road is a fence we passed with many old satellite receivers collected and put on a farmer's fence. 

The Illinois and Iowa farm land goes forever, and beautiful to view.

BUT for now we will be out of contact for a few days maybe. We are near Moscow at the HWH factory awaiting a call for them to troubleshoot our problems.

Will return when we know something. (and have our internet back )

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thank you all for being here…  Smile life is better for me (on the road)….

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Safe travels and hoping you get your problems with the vehicle sorted out.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Our gas is still above $3.00 here, so I'm glad you found some cheaper. Sad but true, many haven't live to be as old as we are. Obituaries are not my favorite read. Glad you are still on the road and hope all continues to go well on your trip!

Mevely317 said...

I'm so sorry you were a few years too late to reconnect with Virg. Ya, the internet is a wonderful resource. Sometimes it's hard to imagine what life was like before.

Love those satellite dish fences. Clever!

Sheila Y said...

Hope things go well at the factory and you’re fixed and back on the road soon. Take care, Sheila

My Tata's Cottage said...

Good memories and safe travels! Hope everything works out for you all. Those satellite dishes on those fences. Interesting and unique! I lost two good work friends in January 2024 and one dear heart blooger, Diann in March. Such a sadness when we lose lovely people. But praying they are all well on the otherside.