Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Miracle Workers (Doctors) & Murphy, An amazing kid,

  A picture from the Past.

 Mom and Dad Kiss the Murph years ago after a successful surgery.


For Today:

I have actually seen a miracle and been receptor of one, once.  But that is beside the point.  Today it is Murphy, he is 12 or 13 yrs old. He was born with a bad heart problem. In his short life he has had at least 4 open heart surgeries but can still bubble with laughter and smile. 

As I type, he is recovering from a heart transplant he received last night. They reported the surgery went well and he is now resting. Murph is Sherry’s great great nephew.

Isn’t amazing what the medical profession can do now. Do you remember EVER thinking of your heart at ten or twelve? The only time I can remember thinking of it was when I had run or climbed hard and felt it really beating.

Murph has a great attitude and is a winner.  The family KNOWS. Loves and appreciates the fact that someone died for Murph to receive the heart.  They feel the person will live within Murphy.

Below is Dad & Mom (Chuck and Casey) with sisters Reece and Emma Kate.  The big guy in stripes is Murphy.

Family and close friends were with Murphy 24/7 during the wait, they were "Team Murphy".

Let me tell you that I was overwhelmed when I heard all the preps that must go on, for about a week or so now the family was housed at the hospital, keeping Murphy READY, waiting,  because as you can understand, this procedure is time sensitive and must be completed ASAP.  You know there must be some stress here.


The family is so grateful and say prayers are still needed and appreciated.  They are so thankful to God and all who supported them in prayers.  So, I ask if you do pray, mention good ole Murph. If you don’t pray, think of him in a positive way.

NiteShipslog

PS: 

Once again ‘Thanks’ AGAIN to y’all for stopping by the Shipslog. I think we all would rather be home no matter how humble, than be in the BEST Hospital in the world.

12 comments:

Susan Kane said...

God bless him! What a brave little guy!

Mevely317 said...

One of our dear friends is the re.cipient of another's heart ... going on 25 years now. I was astonished at what all he was required to do, both before and after the transplant. He even celebrates a 'second happy birthday' every year.
Thank you for telling us about this extraordinary young man
Congratulations and "Go Team Murphy!"

Anonymous said...

Praying for him and his family and medical team. May God give comfort to the family of the donor.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I will be joining you in praying for Murphy. He deserves a chance to live and thrive. May he continue to do all and am thankful for that donor family too.. May they be comforted in knowing a part of the deceased will live again in the body of someone else.

Susie said...

Jack, Sending prayers for Murphy. What a fighter. He has a great support group. Blessings and hugs to all, xoxo, Susie

happyone said...

He sounds like a real fighter. Prayers for him and everyone involved.

Chatty Crone said...

Wow - sending prayers up for good ole Murph. That is a lot for a 12 year old. I can't even imagine. I know it is someone's loss, but I am glad he is getting a new heart.

Glenda Hulbert said...

https://www.rivershirervpark.com/

Glenda Hulbert said...

Praying for Murph, great story!!! Had an issue with commenting last evening. But, wanted you to see the RivershireRVpark that my fiance fell in love with when I sent him the info. We're doing a drive trip to L.A. (his homeplace) after the wedding. Gonna hit the Missouri Bootheel, Columbia, of course, Kansas City and then head to Oklahoma!!! Yee Haw :)

yaya said...

Sending prayers up for sweet Murphy! I pray his recovery goes well. I've been blessed to be a part of the medical field where miracles do happen and this year marks my 50th as a surgical technician. Many wonder why I still work. Well, I love what I do and seeing someone like Murphy being able to get a new heart, go on to live a longer life is very rewarding. God bless him. Hugs from Ohio Jack and Sherry!

Lisa said...

Prayers for the little fella. It amazes me how strong kids can be. Hes a little fighter.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Rest assured that I am praying.

God bless.