Friday, June 14, 2024

Murphy doing well, cannot say the same

 Just a note, Murphy is doing well with the heart transplant.  We learned his original heart had only two chambers, and the normal heart has 4 I believe, if I remember right.  His body is having to get used to the new blood flow, and is doing it well......

But as for me, I strained my right shoulder a few days ago cutting small tree limbs, making it hard to use my right side. Yesterday I took a good fall on to the same shoulder.  My right arm is now immobilized to  allow healing.   I am learning to use my left arm more.

I was quickly reminded of my dear friend Mary Ann, who has messed up her right arm MUCH WORSE than mine.  Laughingly she told of the toilet problems and the right handed person learning to use that left hand. LOL

Now I KNOW. ;-)

I will be reading but no typing for a few days.

This is nothing life threatening of course, just an imposition. LOL

Nite Shipslog.... until later

9 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Oooh no! While I'm glad to hear Murphy continues to improve, I'm tempted to send Sherry a big box of bubble wrap to cloak you. Be good and heal quickly. Please!

Lisa said...

Wow Jack. Please be careful. Falling is not as easy as it used to be.
Make sure you listen to Sherry.
And I agree with Mevely317.

Catching up
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good news about Murphy, not so good about you for sure. Sorry you took a fall and made it worse. It is very hard using only one hand. Take care, heal and get better soon! Love from Texas!

happyone said...

Good new about Murphy but sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you heal quickly.

yaya said...

I'm glad to hear Murphy is recovering well and hopefully you will too! Now you have to answer "yes" at the Medicare question of "Have you fallen in the last year?" Be careful and rest that arm and sorry about that toilet issue!

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Sheila Y said...

Bless you! I hope you have a speedy recovery. So good to hear Murphy is doing well. Hope you and your love are staying cool in this summer heat. Take care, Sheila

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So sorry to hear of your sad news, Jack. I am praying for you, and for Murphy as well as your whole family.

May God bless you all, my friends. Let us trust Him together.

Susan Kane said...

Murphy is a brave little guy to have been through so much.

Falling is harder on our old bodies. I recall being on recess duty, watching the craziness of games played., They fall and bounce right up. I have been on the floor more times than I care to count. And, my husband has made some bad decisions about doing stuff that he should never even think about.

Take care, mister. I have had two surgeries on my hands for the past 2 years, Left and then right. Toilet duty is hard. We bought a bidet attachment that helps, attached to the water pipe under the toilet.