Tuesday, July 9, 2024

So Yep, Old men can cry

 Pic of the day;

 

A mountain top in a cloud

 

 

 For today…

I am getting a little better. Sherry read your comments to me and it did bring water to my eyes. Thanks to all of you.  I will be back when I don’t start complaining instead of being the in depth solid writer I am. LOL

We normally would not be here in Florida but we are on a mission.  Here to support part of our family.  WE are really NOT enjoying the heat, along with millions of others in our country.  A couple years ago we broke down in Death Valley, California in our RV.  Man I would hate that now, I read it got to 127 degrees f.

Anyway giving thanks for your comments. Love you guys that read this mess. I do not want to quit dreaming, but as the saying today, I know that hiking/travel window is  rapidly closing or closed.

I should know for sure in the next few months. I woke up this morning after a whole night of dreaming with the song sentimental journey as the main theme.  It was like an hour's long movie, with soldiers/sailors throwing their sea bags on a train and singing, never had that happen before. I am haunted with a word or line throughout the dream that will not come back to me. ;-(

Gonna take a sentimental journey, gonna set my mind at ease......

Nite Shipslog

PS  video recorded in 1944 (I was 5 years old), I had never seen this, but a lot of it was in my dream. Strange...



Sentimental Journey

Song by

Doris Day with Les Brown doing the music

Gonna take a sentimental journey
Gonna set my heart at ease
Gonna make a sentimental journey
To renew old memories
Got my bag, got my reservation
Spent each dime I could afford
Like a child in wild anticipation
I long to hear that all aboard
.
  • Seven, that's the time we leave, at seven
    I'll be waitin' up for heaven
    Countin' every mile of railroad track
    That takes me back
    Never thought my heart could be so yearning
    Why did I decide to roam?
    I gotta take this sentimental journey
    Sentimental journey home
    Seven, that's the time we leave, at seven
    I'll be waitin' up for heaven
    Countin' every mile of railroad track
    That takes me back
    Never thought my heart could be so yearning
    Why did I decide to roam?
    I gotta take this sentimental journey
    Sentimental journey home
    Sentimental journey home
    Sentimental journey home
    Songwriters: Lew Brown, Benjamin Homer, Bud Green.

  •  

    6 comments:

    salemslot9 said...

    Hi Jack
    I read Doris Day
    Her Own Story
    My mother left behind
    a second hand copy
    after she passed
    She had her share of
    bumps in the road of life
    I enjoyed reading it 🌞

    Mevely317 said...

    I've always loved that old song! As Tom would say, young people today don't know what GOOD music really is.

    One day at a time, dear friend. You know, that's all we're promised. Love from 'Bama!

    I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

    That song sure is a good one ! We are never too old to dream. Thankfully, we can still do that. Keep on dreaming and some day it may just happen !

    yaya said...

    I'm behind, again, on posting and visiting my blog buddies. I read your previous post and I too have been looking back lately and wondering if I have done all I've wanted to do at this point in time. There's a big NO there but I also realize I don't have the same desires to do some of them. Anyway, I hope you're doing better and even with the heat are OK in Florida. I still think a trip to Ireland could be in your future. I looked at my crystal ball and sure enough there you were! Take care my friend and give that beautiful gal of your a squeeze!

    Spare Parts and Pics said...

    Wonderful song. You're lucky... my dreams don't include music in the background🤣 Wish they did! Glad you are on the mend, and keep on dreaming!!

    Victor S E Moubarak said...

    You don't need my advice, my friend. As Mevely said: One day at a time. Trust God always and focus on the good you already have.

    Praying for you all. God bless.