Friday, August 2, 2024

playing it by ear with the storm

 I know you have heard this before.  We are in central Florida, once a few years ago we tried to outrun or outthink a hurricane.  We stayed just miles ahead of it into Georgia, and it caught us after it down graded to a Tropical Storm.  We later returned to our home with minor damage to the house, but the pier needed work.  We no longer have that place, but we have promised to take care of our son's place.  It is a stationary trailer which is anchored now as a home.

We are in a motor home ourselves at present.  In the next two days we must decide whether to stick with his home in Leesburg or try to out distance the coming storm.  This is an 'iffy' situation.  No one knows what this storm will do.  It appears that Key West will be hit hard, at least we do not live there anymore. SIGHHH.

My arm is a little better, but sticking around could put a strain on it.  We are headed to his house in a few minutes to see if there is anything more we can do to prepare it for the WIND/RAINs that are sure to come, just how much is the IFFY thing about it.

What we must do is decide whether to buckle up ourselves,,,,,,, OR RUN.   Not sure......  Most likely our best bet is to sit it out, BUT if the winds predicted are 110 or better, we will RUN, if the roads are open... 

Will let you know when we can. STORMS do play heck with the internet, But don't worry, we will  follow the BEST route at the time....

Nite Shipslog

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust you to make the right decision.
Best wishes,
Patricia, a first time commenter

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry you have to even make this decision. What does your son think? Pray and I will too. Hope you will be okay. Sandie

Anonymous said...

As much as I adored living in FL, once both my parents were deceased I knew it was time to move out of hurricane alley, lol. Where I am now is HOT HOT HOT in summers (due to being inland and all the pine trees which kill my allergies every spring / autumn for at least 3 weeks or more) here in SW GA and what ended up happening in 2018?? YEP, Hurricane Michael RIGHT OVER US here in Albany, GA. The week we were burying my father at Andersonville National Cemetery. What a week that was !!! Anyways, you will do what is best for you and to stay safe too. Property can be replaced - people can not !!! All the best !
Dawn P. Albany, GA

Mevely317 said...

Yikes! Is it possible to secure the coach in the parking garage at Orlando's airport and take Sherry on a little get-away until the storm blows over? That's my 2-cents worth, anyway.
Lifting prayers and support for whichever decision you make. Thank you for keeping in touch!

HappyK said...

Whatever you decided to do hope all goes well!!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you stay safe and that the hurricane calms down. Don't take any unnecessary chances. Prayers for all effected !

yaya said...

Praying with our fingers crossed for you guys! I hope all goes well and please be safe! One of my friends left for Florida on ,Friday for a week's vacation. Oops! Timing is everything!

Lisa said...

I am one of those people that would stay and ride it out. Just stay safe and listen to Sherry. Glad to hear your arm is feeling better.

From rainy Gtown